Search the forum,

Discuss New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ermintrude, would need a bit more info than that as I cannot find this guy on Ebay

Sorry I'm starting to think you're stupid. What did you type into eBay?

I got the above details by typing "well insulated sheep shaggier seconds"

A decent system boiler and an unvented hot water cylinder sited in the middle of the property landing somewhere as Killy Bing stated
But the opinions for prices I've non of any ideas

Try these as well: Insulation Boards

Just spent the day at Stiebel Eltron, they have a nice range of fan assisted rads for heat pumps, not quite as stylish as the Dimplex ones though a good solid brand, with much better support and backup.

Designing for a heat pump, at a flow temp of 40° the rads need to be 4.3 times bigger than with a delta T of 50° ! So fan assisted definitely helps.

This is like The Sound Of Music, or The Great Escape. 72 post now and not a bed made.

Omg Worcester / Gordon I always thought you were a nice sensible chap, "forced convection rads" horrid nosey dusty rubbish. May as well just go warm air and be done with it.

Some pictures of the floorplan. image.jpgimage (2).jpg
The large open space at the back of the house has not been fully knocked out yet and will be divided into two living spaces as well as a downstairs toilet and utility.

There will be 1 bathroom with a bath as well as a shower. another ensuite on the first floor with a shower as well as a shower room on the second floor.

Conservation officer coming today so should know what my limitations are.

Conservation officer coming today so should know what my limitations are

Effectively the job is now stopped, conservation officer in Wolverhampton are you sure, have they got one. 77 posts and not a pot washed, Chinese Knot weed, bats and newts all you need now is a tree huger, send us the postcode and we will Google map it see if the lads can throw some light on it for you, if you knocked it down and rebuilt it do you think anyone from the Corpo would notice.

On the contrary Happyflyer.

He only said that we should not replace any of our existing wooden windows to UPVC. I just though it prudent see approval rather than do what i want and then have the council servicing me orders to remove stuff and threatening all kinds of action. If that makes me stupid, then so be it.

I can see that me posting on this site is starting to annoy you so I will stop posting and asking questions.
Thanks to everyone who has provided good advice to a member of the public who just wanted advice from experts.

He only said that we should not replace any of our existing wooden windows to UPVC. I just though it prudent see approval rather than do what i want and then have the council servicing me orders to remove stuff and threatening all kinds of action. If that makes me stupid, then so be it.

I can see that me posting on this site is starting to annoy you so I will stop posting and asking questions.
Thanks to everyone who has provided good advice to a member of the public who just wanted advice from experts.

On the contrary do not stop posting is very few times we see someone get to the end and come back and tell us how it all went its just I am 70 this year and don't know if I will see you completed at this rate, I want you to get a move on and start making some decisions please, lets see some action winter is coming

Tony

Post away and ask as many questions as you like that's what the forum is for and most are glad to help

I completed on the property 4 weeks ago.
It was four flats and is being converted to a single dwelling.

I have been working on getting the Gas main turned back on (will need a trench being dug from the main road to my house) as well as the stud walls being knocked out and deciding on the new room configuration (we are now to move the location of the kitchen.

I did asked numerous times and it took an intervention from a member of this board before anyone here even agreed to come (post 30).

Also, alot of stuff has been mentioned here that I have never heard of before. Like most punters, my knowledge of central heating only goes as far as a boiler and some radiators. I knew little of solid wall insulation, Under floor heating, ASHP, Unvented boilers, Solar Water and PV, Green Deal, RHI payback etc.

All this information is quite overwhelming and is taking me some time to digest.

On the contrary do not stop posting is very few times we see someone get to the end and come back and tell us how it all went its just I am 70 this year and don't know if I will see you completed at this rate, I want you to get a move on and start making some decisions please, lets see some action winter is coming

Tony
I need to have a quote before i make a decision............

How the funk has this thread reached 8 pages? :lol:

8??? 88 because ID we have been giving mixed messages, left hand doesn't know what right is doing

Last edited by a moderator:
Room sizes to accompany the drawings

The window sizes are in inches. sizes in brackets are in M.

Room height:

Back of house - 2.40m/7f 10

Front of house - 3.25m/10f 8

Doors and windows in inches:

Ground floor:

Front door - 80 x 70

Front living room - 87 x 113 (2.41x3.13)

Back living room - 78 x 102

(2.1x2.83)

Hall - 44 x 83 (1.2x2.3)

Back portion of the house - x2@ 42 x 47 (1.6x1.3)/ x2@ 43 x 21 (1.19x.58) / 46 x 46 (1.27x1.27)/ 46 x 67 (1.27x1.86)

Back door - 80 x 69 (2.2x1.9)

First floor:

Landing - 67 x 41 (1.86x1.6)

Front bedroom - 67 x 65 (1.86x1.80) & 30 x 14 (0.83x0.38) (En-suite - 50 x 30 (1.38x0.83))

Back bedroom - 70 x 58 (1.94x1.61) (En-suite - 51 x 55 (1.41x1.52)

Second Floor:

Landing - 40 x 47 (1.11x1.30)

Back bedroom - 35 x 63 (0.97x1.75)

Front bedroom - 45 x 65 (1.25x1.80)

bathroom - 45 x 58 (1.25x1.61)

Floors

Front living room - 13.3 (4.04) x 16.5 (5.48)

Rear living room - 17.11 (5.53) x 13.11 (4.25)

First Floor

Front bedroom - 16.11 (5.15) x 13.3 (4.03)

Front ensuite - 6.5 (1.96) x 5.10 (1.79)

Rear bedroom - 18.0 (5.49) x 13.3 (4.05)

Rear ensuite - 10.9 (3.27) x 6.11 (2.10)

Second Floor

Rear bedroom - 13.5 (4.08) x 16.7 (5.06)

Rear bedroom - 17.10 (5.43) x 13.5 (4.10)

Bathroom - 7 (2.12) x 7 (2.13)

Ground Floor

Double bedroom - 10.10 (3.07) x 11.10 (3.60)

Single bedroom/living dining - 19.1 (5.82) x 10.6 (3.21)

Kitchen - cellar - 35.6 (10.81) x 10.6 (3.21)

I go by my other tag "grands design. " un like grand designs I won't do a design for less than a few grand- hence the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock