Search the forum,

Discuss leaking sight tube Tank Master Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Installed Atkins Tank Master 7 months ago. Client reports leak from poly tube. Only noticeable because level rises when pin pulled out and oil use minimal,(Property empty). Loss about 12mm per fortnight.
When installed poly slid on nipple without heat. Thought of cutting poly off nipple and refix with smear of Stag but unsure long term effect Poly/Stag. Have used jubilee clip as temp fix but note Atkins neither supply or recommend hose clip for this purpose.
Comments please.

Are you completely sure the oil leak is coming from the bottom of the tube?
Very hard to trace oil weeps, as you know, because the kerosine spreads. I have always found the leak to be from the factory joint on standard oil sight gauges where the threaded end of the nipple screws in. The factory seem to use a glue like sealant. I just screw them out and clean the fine threads and use some ptfe tape on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for useful comment. Spares site shows tube nipple with o ring seal and I assumed this would be standard, but revist to Atkins site instructs ptfe seal to thread as per your recommendation. I will follow your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaking sight tube Tank Master Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm relatively new to DIY pluming and I've found this forum super helpful so far This is my first time posting. I've got a leaking isolating valve on one of the pipes running I think back to the boiler from just after the central heating pump. I'm pretty sure I've read that this...
Replies
Views
E
My first post: Two unrelated problems. I have a 7 year old Alpha 35C boiler as part of a Flow Smart installation with a 50 litre Thermal Store on the primary circuit thats heats up the inflowing cold main before it entering the boiler via a mixer valve. The Thermal Store tank is sited in the...
Replies
Views
D
You know the tube that goes up the front of an oil tank so you can see how much oil is left? That's the one! Presumably to change it to a new one you just pull the old one out (trying to catch the oil in the tube) then push a new one in? There is a nut at the bottom but I'm assuming I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hi, I have a problem where my toilet tank slowly continues to fill, say an inch every couple of hours until it hits the overflow tube. The refill value does not appear to be leaking as if I flush the toilet and then hold the float up with an elastic band, the toilet tank will continue to...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock