Search the forum,

Discuss refill tube in fill valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin….

Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests its’ purpose is to refill the bowl after flushing

Surely here in the UK the WC pan has an integral U-bend so this is not required?.... it certainly wastes a lot of water during refilling and seems to serve no purpose, the pan never empties of water.
The WC is connected to a macerator and the excess water flow also causes the it to trigger several times during cistern refill which again wastes water

I have never seen this on a “normal” WC……do the all in ones have it as perhaps they don’t have a U-bend ??....the water level seems to be correct

Would there be any problems in hanging this pipe directly into the cistern as it wastes a lot of water seemingly un-necessarily during refill

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 225312.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 225312.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 7
This design must be peculiar to the combination unit.
What make / model is the unit and is the macerator part of the combination or separate?

Is there a make / model for the fill valve?

Yes all WC in properties in the UK have traps / U bends, I've never seen or heard of one that doesn't.

It won't hurt to try the hose direct to the cistern as long the the end of the tube is above the water level to prevent back siphoning.

I found this reference to refill tubes, but it's a U.S site as are most references to Refill tubes.
Did you buy the WC unit from Amazon by any chance?

If you look at Fluidmaster web site for the U.K there's no mention of refill tubes, but look at Fluidmaster U.S and there is.

Last edited:

Reply to refill tube in fill valve in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock