Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What do you guys make of this from ideal engineer on warranty call back.

Fitted a Logic plus about 10 weeks ago and up until last week running fine no issues , then had a call from customer no hot water so went out had 20 minute nosey and can't see the LED flashing on flow sensor . Called ideal t waited ages on phone and week later they sent out an engineer .

Got a call from cust today who put me on to the engineer who said that the flue was running back to the boiler which caused rainwater to run in knocking out flow sensor .

Personally i reckon this is possible bull as the flue is on a minimal slant and when i looked at it myself it was bone dry.The amount of ideas i come across where the flue runs up at silly angles as well and never come across this.

Thinking that the engineer has repaired and passed the buck .

Thoughts please?

Isn't the flue supposed to rise slightly or is the fall built in in the ideal...

A customer waiting a week for a call out is shocking... Long guarantee is only as good as the back up provided!!!

Sounds like a made up story to me to blame the installer rather than the product, could rainwater really get in & upset the flow semsor...?

I'd of been straight on phone to rep if not out in 24 hours and the story sounds like something baxi would say

Thats what i thought , the internal is angled on the flue however the rise upwards on the flue i fitted is minimal.

My first thought blame installer rather than the product.

A customer waiting a week for a call out is shocking... Long guarantee is only as good as the back up provided!!!

That is the reason I would touch ideal. They are not a good company to deal with.

Just found that out mate their back up is abysmal , loads are fitted round here and had a few now that are within warranty period and they have been carp with call backs.

I had one ideal engineer out on a warrnty.
He stole the head off a customers trv.

Told them hhe had to take it as the bypass rad wasnt the largest rad (even though the the actual bypass rad was 10percent of the system)
Muggins here had to swap out the rest of the valve for a lockshield for them to honour future warranty because he noted it on his paperwork.

He also insisted on a mini arrestor even though there was no water meter and the boiler couldnt have been further from the stoptap

Just a quick sentence here, on the subject of abysmal back up British ceramic tile import tiles softer than chalk and when they fail you are on your own.

Right carry on...

Just found that out mate their back up is abysmal , loads are fitted round here and had a few now that are within warranty period and they have been carp with call backs.

Just getting a part can be a nightmare from them. I had to wait 6 weeks for a sump to come as they were out of stock. Nothing takes 6 weeks nowadays.

Also when the isars were out we were fitting them for a HA and our company was fitting 15 a week for them and we had a problem and they said 8 working days so we passed it over to the HA manager to deal with he said they refused to come out any quicker so they told them to do one and Worcester guaranteed same day warranty calls as they were fitting so many.

this kind of service is why I would never fit them! Vaillant are getting just as bad for making up excuse's. If they don't want to honour the massive warranties they state then they shouldn't bother with them!

Ideal engineer told me last week that they have had no issues with the heat cells leaking down the condensate. Told him I must be the most unlucky service engineer ever as I have had 10 that I have called ideal for customers to get new heat cells fitted! we have a lot of new estates around my way full of ideals! they are barely any better than there previous attempt at a boiler (isar/icos)

People knock Worcester boilers but to be honest they have the best customer service for warranty bar non in the industry! the call it a guarantee not a warrantee.

I had a gas valve letting by on a vaillant brand new once, and they came out repaired it but made a song an dance over a flue that had minimal fall in it.

Had a sump crack on a logic heat 24, 2.5 yrs old and Ideal said sod off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock