Discuss Ideal warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What do you guys make of this from ideal engineer on warranty call back.

Fitted a Logic plus about 10 weeks ago and up until last week running fine no issues , then had a call from customer no hot water so went out had 20 minute nosey and can't see the LED flashing on flow sensor . Called ideal t waited ages on phone and week later they sent out an engineer .

Got a call from cust today who put me on to the engineer who said that the flue was running back to the boiler which caused rainwater to run in knocking out flow sensor .

Personally i reckon this is possible bull as the flue is on a minimal slant and when i looked at it myself it was bone dry.The amount of ideas i come across where the flue runs up at silly angles as well and never come across this.

Thinking that the engineer has repaired and passed the buck .

Thoughts please?

Isn't the flue supposed to rise slightly or is the fall built in in the ideal...

A customer waiting a week for a call out is shocking... Long guarantee is only as good as the back up provided!!!

Sounds like a made up story to me to blame the installer rather than the product, could rainwater really get in & upset the flow semsor...?

I'd of been straight on phone to rep if not out in 24 hours and the story sounds like something baxi would say

Thats what i thought , the internal is angled on the flue however the rise upwards on the flue i fitted is minimal.

My first thought blame installer rather than the product.

A customer waiting a week for a call out is shocking... Long guarantee is only as good as the back up provided!!!

That is the reason I would touch ideal. They are not a good company to deal with.

Just found that out mate their back up is abysmal , loads are fitted round here and had a few now that are within warranty period and they have been carp with call backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock