Discuss How many of you are going to one of these in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I brought up my concerns about the fact that systems were not taken into account why was I silenced and things moved briskley on, Also who exactly are you collating all this information for?

Well 2 days have passed and no response, And I am paying almost £200 a year for this sort of service, Just so you know Gas Safe PR I am extremley unsatisfied with the way things are going in our industry and I will be coming down to the basingstoke meeting and Will expect some answers, and I would prefer not to be brushed aside this time as I feel that any engineer working on Gasboilers has got to have an extensive knowledge of heating systems also I want know if you intend to adopt this rediculous QMS that has appeared in the MCS, Also I want to know exactly who all this information is being collated for, not the departments I want the muppets names

on the 18/7/11 I will be at the meeting at Gas Safe head office I will be asking many question this is your chance if you have not been invited to one of these meetings to put your questions and comments forward, I will be more than happy to ask them on your behalf, also how many other people from this forum will be at the same meeting?

on the 18/7/11 I will be at the meeting at Gas Safe head office I will be asking many question this is your chance if you have not been invited to one of these meetings to put your questions and comments forward, I will be more than happy to ask them on your behalf, also how many other people from this forum will be at the same meeting?

We are not going. Hubby & I have followed these gsr discusions but not contributed.
I just wanted to say to you UNGUIDED1 thanks for going at them like this.
A lot of us complain but often don't do anything about it.
Having read what you have said here and in other threads I am completely in support of your general concerns and you must know you speak for many people not just yourself.
If there is any way I can help but from the comfortable position of here at my laptop just let me know.

We are not going. Hubby & I have followed these gsr discusions but not contributed.
I just wanted to say to you UNGUIDED1 thanks for going at them like this.
A lot of us complain but often don't do anything about it.
Having read what you have said here and in other threads I am completely in support of your general concerns and you must know you speak for many people not just yourself.
If there is any way I can help but from the comfortable position of here at my laptop just let me know.

Hi Mrs Tara Plumbing

Thank you for your vote of confidence I know that for some people my views can be a bit radical and unpopular and belive me I feel that the Gas Safe register is a good thing but It does not go far enough and my problem is expressing my thoughts into words properly, I know that they are only working to a mandate but the point I am trying to make is the mandate is wrong and more focus has got to be put onto the heating installation as well as the heatsource and I would love to see my industry finally moulded into a single industry like the industry that I trained to be in 30 years ago, I have been trying to gain support for the campaign to change the MCS and the electricians have embraced the MCS as a good thing and I think the main reason for this is their industry has not been splintered like ours as far as I am aware.

The industry 30 years ago?
My hubby began his apprenticeship ONLY 25 years ago.

My grandfather, on the other hand, was also a plumber/heating engineer from about 1950s+ and my granny is always on about the days when plumbers were doing lead on the roofs and putting glass into windows!

Just a reminder that if you have any questions that you would like me to put to gas safe at the meeting on the 18/7/11 then now is the time to put them

Well today is the day and no one has posted any questions which I am surprised about, So I will check to see if there are any questions later on before I go and I will report how things went either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow.
I would like to say though this is your trade and your oppertunity to question why our industry is in such a state

i have just read this post and missed the boat , I would ask GSR why they are not stopping people that are not gas safe registered from advertising that they replace boilers etc

also missed this post unguided, I got a survey off my inspector though last week to fill out and I wrote about how they should be checking the heating system as a whole not just the gas part....he also informed me that you don't need to notify boilers in scotland, only england, but that's building control.

Hi guys

Just got back from the meeting and it was very interesting, They were going through the results of the online questionaire which ended up with loadsa pie charts and graphs,
I asked a number of questions and made a number of statements about the state of the industry to which the reply was the standard this is a competence review, but at least I wasnt shot down in flames as badly as I was at the first meeting, I also asked the person taking the meeting at the end If Gas Safe were planning to take on this rediculous QMS that has been introduced with the MCS and he said as far as he knows it is not.

I must have been reading your mind GQ as I did mention whole system competence for gas engineers but as they have stated before this is only a gas competence review, but I did say that its not enough and that considering this review is reported back to the HSE then HSE should be notified wether it will happen I dunno,

Overall I think that this meeting was much better than the first one I went to but I still feel that they are working to a very constrained remit and that the use of pie charts and graphs is a big mistake as we all know that politicians use such things to juggle figures to make negatives look like positives and positives look like negatives therefore actual figures instead of percentages would have been better,
If anyone has any questions about the meeting please feel free to ask and I will try to remeber as much as I can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How many of you are going to one of these in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Just had this email from gas safe, guess all you guys will get it to. It is not before time they did something like this. We are expected to work...
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
WITH ALL THE REGULATIONS IN PLACE THESE DAYS, WE MUST BE SAFER NOW. AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE (CO) CHART AT THE BOTTOM WITH ALL THE SAFER DESIGNS...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock