Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you live in a rural area like I do then its a 20 mile round journey to a laundrette . probably not worth I for me in lost time and fuel!!

Buy a second hand washing machine then. Only use laundrette as easier than washing and drying 30 odd sheets

Installing a top fed towel rad but want bottom entry performance?

On the flow pipe use a union styled radiator tail.
solder into this a length of 15 mm pipe to reach near to the bottom of the rad.

Thread in and hey presto.

Following on from the dust in pipes thread. Want an easy way of preventing debris getting into new pipework. Slap a speedfit stop end on. Only problem is what happens if you stick one on a pipe intended for gas and forget about it? Easy drill a small hole in the end and paint it yellow. Can't be mistaken for a normal one and if you forget to remove it before gassing up it will show as a fail on the tightness test.

I've also got a test point threaded into the end of a speedfit connector to allow me to test gas pipes before they are connected to the meter. Also useful when you are trying to track down a leak as you can isolate sections of pipe and test them separately.

I find those jg caps to be a nightmare to get off. Especially in tight spaces. I have lost many a battle with them.

Have you ever tried to get one off a pipe frozen with a freezing machine where the stop end is 2mm above the ice plug? Hacksawing that off was proper brown trouser time.

Edit: sorry that was banter.

Tip: Don't live catch a pipe with a stop end that you later intend to freeze and join onto unless there is room to cut.

Last edited:
When stuck at security gates and you can't wait to get on to the job or no one answering. Clamber over wall with welding transformer , put it on the loop nearest gate and hey presto.

I just stick a push fit on the end of..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Looking for tips on being faster at work. I am working on new builds and pressure is being put on me to speed up production. I am working at a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK...
Replies
Views
How has 2022 been so far? How's the economy affecting you? Any tips? This email has been sent to all members of the forum. I thought we could...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
H
  • Article
Lecturers in Plumbing within Construction 36 hours, 52 weeks per year , part time hours will also be considered £32,732- £39,096 per annum...
Replies
Views
Back