Search the forum,

Discuss help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddy523

hi i wanted to know if this was normal or something is not working.
i have a valliant boiler and when it heats up to the set temp. lets just say 60 then the boiler cuts off and temp quickly drops to 48 and then kicks back in. Is that normal or is something just not working. ?

right thx for that. ive had a few problems recently. i suppose im just looking for more which i hope aint there .

yea it seems as though everything heats up ok but when temp on boiler gets to correct temp it cuts out drops very quick then heats up again. it gets to 60 and cuts off , then 4 mins later its down to 48 and the boiler kicks back in. it constantly does that all day.

take up bird watching its less stressful than boiler watching

its the older boiler so probably would do as you described new boilers modulate down so less on and offs

Your just seeing the flow or return temp, when it goes to 48c thar means the cooler water going back to the boiler is cooling the pipe down that the sensors on, sounds all good like everyone says..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help needed please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a Glowworm Ultimate 35C boiler. It shuts off at its max temp of 60C when heating radiators and the pump carries on running pumping heat round system but it seems to let temperature drop at least 30 degrees before burner comes back in by which time radiator temperature has dropped...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the boiler display and then kick back in again. I have checked all wiring and the zone valves. What else could it be? anyone seen this before
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms 1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat. 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I keep reading about how you should use a smart thermostat. Set it to the temp to want the home to be and hey presto it takes care of itself. But realistically who does this or rather who does this work for. With mine I just use it to turn the heating on now and then for short periods...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock