Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecotex 831 - heating only working in service mode in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

H

Hotpipes

Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!!

I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating normally. Here are the symptoms

1. Signal from thermostat is not firing the boiler. It does not make any sound when heating is on from thermostat.
2. Heating Dial on the boiler does not trigger temperature change on the display screen when turned. Water dial does change the temperature.
3. Low temp/ high temp test in service mode works and radiators are heating.

Given above,
1. Could this be an issue with thermo stat? Does high heat test in service modw work if thermo stat is broken?
2. Could there be an issue with the heating dial on the boiler?

Please help.
Thanks

Is there a rad symbol on the display when heating is on / calling ?

Hot water working ?

In service mode can you up or lower the temperature? If yes, there must be a setting somewhere (check Manual) to increase flame intensity, somehow it must have been set to 0 or turned off in your case. Try resetting the boiler as a first step.

I am not a pro but the same thing happened to me on viessmann, where boiler would only fire at 20% firing rate and will stay there though it worked fine in Serv mode. I contacted tecnical support and they asked me to change the gas control valve! I persisted and google helped me to get into setting to increase flame intensity.

Reply to Vaillant ecotex 831 - heating only working in service mode in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock