Discuss cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
landlord local housing are a.r.ing cookers when there is no stability bracket ,what do you do.

Unless stated in MI's it is NOT required, all freestanding cookers must have a stability device.
But, to AR it is a bit pathetic. It is NCS!

Cooker with no stability bracket or chain fitted is ntcs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

a STABLE free standing cooker using flex connection without stability bracket...ncs

If its not stable, ie: got a foot missing, then yeh I'd say at risk then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

not all new cookers accommodate the facility of fitting a stability bracket, only a hose chain.

AR, it has the potential of causing harm or damage.
Open the door and then lean on it... it will move.

Are these cookers the tenants or the housing associations?

if its stable and just missing a chain or bracket then its NCS, if its unstable then AR

It is clearly defined in the IUP as NCS if it is stable but doesn't have a chain or bracket, if the appliance is unstable then AR

i always fit a hook and chain,better than a stability bracket in my eyes as it prevents anyone from pulling the cooker out and causing damage to the pipe,thats just my opinion though,others may beg to differ.agree with ncs unless cooker is unstable.

i always fit a hook and chain,better than a stability bracket in my eyes as it prevents anyone from pulling the cooker out and causing damage to the pipe,thats just my opinion though,others may beg to differ.agree with ncs unless cooker is unstable.

i dont see how a pipe can get damaged unless you mean by pulling the cooker right out into the middle of the floor without disconnecting the bayonet

would they not have to disconnect the chain to get the cooker out far enough to disconnect the hose anyway?

is that the trv thing?.

customers decision to pay for the chain or not on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but it looks great so far. I have a question about classifying a cooker .... Is a cooker with missing knobs AR or...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand...
Replies
Views
Hi, my mother had an electric cooker installed yesterday. The guy who fitted it said it shouldn't be close to the gas pipe but it is. The red...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant gas cooker supply to cap, but wondered what the nut on the top of the gas supply bayonet fitting is used for?
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock