Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I find official regs gas cooker install in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand whether the proposed location is acceptable to qualified gas safe fitter. I can’t find official, definitive list of regs anywhere. Can you point me to them?

Current cooker location since 1977, kitchen cupboard done 30 years ago is 550mm above hob.

I think I’ll have to remove wall unit above cooker, will a standard blanking plate suffice on the socket in hot zone? Is the tiled window opening an issue? There is nowhere else the cooker can go. Don’t want to purchase cooker only to be told they can’t fit it! What do the qualified gas safe fitters on here suggest I do?

I’ve rung Flavel cooker manufacturer, they said buy it and find out what fitter says:)
Contacted Curry’s who gave me their technical helpline which didn’t work.

Attachments

• 5F395E2F-D2AB-481D-B206-3C44CC799711.jpeg
    5F395E2F-D2AB-481D-B206-3C44CC799711.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for replies.
I looked at Flavel and distances are less strict than the diagram, so that is good. I still don’t know if a standard blanking plate for the front of the double socket is considered heat resistant or whether the tiled window opening is classed as heat resistant.

Anyone got any views on that?

Reply to Where can I find official regs gas cooker install in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock