Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I find official regs gas cooker install in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello
I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand whether the proposed location is acceptable to qualified gas safe fitter. I can’t find official, definitive list of regs anywhere. Can you point me to them?

Current cooker location since 1977, kitchen cupboard done 30 years ago is 550mm above hob.

I think I’ll have to remove wall unit above cooker, will a standard blanking plate suffice on the socket in hot zone? Is the tiled window opening an issue? There is nowhere else the cooker can go. Don’t want to purchase cooker only to be told they can’t fit it! What do the qualified gas safe fitters on here suggest I do?

I’ve rung Flavel cooker manufacturer, they said buy it and find out what fitter says:)
Contacted Curry’s who gave me their technical helpline which didn’t work.

Attachments

• 5F395E2F-D2AB-481D-B206-3C44CC799711.jpeg
    5F395E2F-D2AB-481D-B206-3C44CC799711.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for replies.
I looked at Flavel and distances are less strict than the diagram, so that is good. I still don’t know if a standard blanking plate for the front of the double socket is considered heat resistant or whether the tiled window opening is classed as heat resistant.

Anyone got any views on that?

Reply to Where can I find official regs gas cooker install in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi guys, any meter installers about? im looking to complete a course to get CCN1 qualified and met1 qualified so I can look at becoming a smart meter installer. once qualified all employers seem to want 6 -12 months experience as a meter fitter. How do you guys gain the first years...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query. We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker to be fitted (Leisure Gourmet Cooker 60cm) I have read that there needs to be a 20mm gap between the sides of the cooker to meet the Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a Kohlangaz Gosford HE gas fire. It has recently been serviced but when it is set to it's lowest heat output setting using the Remote control the heat output now seems excessive compared to that which we have become used to since it was installed in 2017. I contacted the firm who...
Replies
Views
So I've got a gas pipe in my kitchen, but due to a miscommunication on my part it's got the wrong fitting for the cooker I intend to buy. It's got a nut on the end, and is facing upwards, whereas I need a bayonet, and if I understand correctly, those should always face downwards so the rubber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock