Search the forum,

Discuss Capping 8mm fire connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay_1981

Everyone has their prefered method, just wondered what some of you use to cap ID fire connections (8mm) I'm only asking as I had a joyful time today tracking a pipe back to 15 to cap it when I forgot to replenish some fittings.

i use what we all use
silcon sealant,or plumbers mate,or a plug of potato, a wooden pencil whittled down. But if none of these are availiable you could turn of the restrictor elbow and put a blanking plug in it. the latter of course would leave us looking proffesional, god help us if that catches on!

lol, plug of potato, love it. just out of curiosity I have only been qualified for 5 years has it ever been permitted to crush and solder the pipe closed obviously i know it has never been permitted for as long as I have been in trade but i still do see legs of pipe isolated in this way (just quickly throw a proper cap on it) seems really ropey practice even by rogue standards.

Does anyone know where i can get suitable comp caps for 8mm

You will need a 1/4" bsp plug as apposed to a cap really, it will be much neater in the end of the restrictor elbow. Or a 1/4" bsp brass cap and remove the restrictor completely. It is not acceptable to squeeze the end of a pipe over and solder it as this is not a standard joint. Also remember that any dead leg of gas pipe must have a physical means of release or removal so that air can be purged from it.

Graham
www.plumbfixit.synthasite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Capping 8mm fire connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
right, i have a problem. let me quickly explain. i had been getting bad water hammer, and presumed it was caused by a old vertical peice of pipe...
Replies
Views
k13 wjd
K
C
Sorry about the title but with all the trainees about, I had to grab everyones attention and stand out somehow! I am looking for someone who...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
T
Morning everybody, I have the above boiler which had an ignition problem which has now been sorted out,may i add by all your help a big thank...
Replies
Views
T
Can anyone help me please . I have been asked to replace a leaking rad on the first floor landing of a house that has about 17 rads . The new...
Replies
Views
tommy boy
T
O
lost a job for boiler and central heating install to some undercutting b*gger today. Rang to confirm start date to be informed other plumber on...
Replies
Views
davetheplumber
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock