Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Central Heating Forum - Also see on the electrical forum: Central Heating Systems..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Need a little advice with the above boiler as there's no tech advice and boiler readings available. Just overheating and pressure going to 3 bar only sometimes with DHW demand. It's has a new plate heat exchanger. Many thanks
Replies
Views
Hi there My central heating system has been making this noise when the heating switches off. It usually happens once the system is up to temperature. It’s happening upstairs and downstairs across the same 4-5 radiators. There are radiators in the system that done make this noise at all as well...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry posted twice and I dont know how to delete it!
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came out and said there was an issue with the flue install (it's in the attic and exits through the roof close to the chimney). Old installer who has done...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
What water and heating setting for a Glow Worm Ultracom2? Also, when the house is left vacant for a couple of weeks during the winter do I change the boiler settings or do I turn the TRVs down low?
Replies
Views
D
Baxi 105he fault code blocked condensate trap? Removed terminals disconnected the pipes undid fixings removed trap and gave it a good clean out then refitted? Boiler still showing same fault code after a lot of head scratching I changed the terminals over from there original positions on the...
Replies
Views
David Tait
D
I have a ESRTP4RF+ and the heating and hot water are running fine. My bills have quadrupled over the last month and the m/a button on the receiver is lit red. Is it supposed to be or am I in some kind of manual over ride that's costing me a fortune?!
Replies
Views
A
I live in a flat with a communal heating system and an MHS boiler in my flat. The kitchen and bathroom taps have hot water (though in the case of the kitchen tap it can take a little while to heat up but after that it will stay on. Similarly the shower also has constant hot water. The bath...
Replies
Views
Alessandro
A
B
Conventional boiler does not complete full cycle, stops after an hour or so - room temperature set to 22 degree and water temp set to 65degree. But, neither water nor room temperature reaches to the max level. If I switch off the water controller then heating completes full cycle. Not sure, what...
Replies
Views
biswachk_deep
B
Is there a standard for the above?, ie primary flow rate, primary flow temperature, reheat time from X degC to Y degC, continuous flow rates at different temperatures and coil area. It would be very useful if, at the very least it specified the design primary flowrate and temperature, and the...
Replies
Views
M
I recently purchased a new Anton pro (reluctantly) as the Anton sprint 2 is now obsolete (even though there's nothing wrong with it) so I want to use it as a spare manometer, temp sensor etc, everything apart from the analysis. However the menu is blocked with a calibration alert message and...
Replies
Views
Marc myles
M
Hello, I have a Alpha etec 28 boiler, and getting the Error10 signal at the moment. I know I have to repressurise but I can't find the right valves to to this. Can anyone help please?? I have opened the cupboard beneath the boiler too but not sure what to touch. Thanks!
Replies
Views
I have a become aware that the boiler seems to be cycling. I have 2 zones with a programmer in the hall and one on the landing. Once the desired temperature has been reached I have noticed on the boiler panel, that when the temp drops to about 45C the boiler fires up and then when it gets to...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
J
  • Question
Hi. Ariston Genus One - 2yr old boiler. Have been trying to connect to wi-fi as per Ariston Instructions but system repeatedly fails to create the necessary access point telling me to repeat procedure? Obviously I am not detecting the Wi-Fi network ‘Remote Gw Thermo’ to proceed. Any help would...
Replies
Views
John Campbell
J
J
Wilo Yonos Pico pump - electrical connector.
Replies
Views
John T
J
New here. I hope someone can offer some assistance. Glow Worm Fuelsaver MkII 40 prior to service in working state Brand new thermocouple out of the box held over a candle flame produces a steady output ~9mV when connected to the valve and after relight will hold supply to pilot open...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Systemate3, anyone know how to release the pressure? Dial up in the red. Working fine but boiler fires up every 20 minutes to seemingly top up store.
Replies
Views
D
Looking for a replacement system flow pipe for the Ferroli DOMI Compact F24D listed as number 10 in the user manual. If anyone has a pipe from an older boiler they can let me have please let me know asap
Replies
Views
Davidwales
D
Hi, I have a TURBOMax Plus 828E in a small Annex that only has 3 Rads. The boiler Cycles but is only ignited for about 30-40 seconds before reaching target Temp and then goes on pump overrun. Given that there are only 3 Rads and are 'designer' with a total combined KW spec of about 2.5kw, the...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock