Discuss Trickiest boiler problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

New here.

I hope someone can offer some assistance.

Glow Worm Fuelsaver MkII 40 prior to service in working state

Brand new thermocouple out of the box held over a candle flame produces a steady output ~9mV when connected to the valve and after relight will hold supply to pilot open indefinitely (>5 mins). Same thermocouple, valve etc but now heated by the pilot flame and producing ~12mV cuts out at the end of the damped travel for the relight knob!

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Reply to Trickiest boiler problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Hello all! Can I please have some professional opinion on our ongoing problems with our Glow-worm Fuelsaver mk11. Now I know the simplist answer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice really. I have a Glowworm Ultimate boiler which looks like this: I have a very strange problem with it in...
Replies
Views
This is a long shot-( this post was originally sent to StevethePlumber but I havent heard back from him as yet) I have a glow worm ultimate ff...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock