Search the forum,

Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken some new photos today, as the original ones I took just looked too perfect!!

I've now been working out the van for a week or two. I don't intend to drive the pipe freezer and transformer around with me but I have been as it's handy.

I haven't had a chance to label the boxes yet....I will eventually.

I think this van is the perfect size. I can get in the back and grab what I need no problems but I'm not driving around in some huge, LWB monster!

It's so fast too!

The roof rack, pipe rack and ply racking cost me £640 fitted. Which I think is a bargain.

danny good choice ,
just like my but I have the van Vault bolted down to the floor ,
also get secondary locks fitted

That racking does look very good. Makes my attempt at doing mine look awful lol.

Looks half empty to me, mines full to the roof. Nice van, I fancy one of these next.

HA!!

Anyway to explain briefly my 'system'.

The big box at the back has loose power tools. (it's screwed to the ply floor).

The F&E tank next to it is also screwed to the floor. That's got tubes of silicon and gas, etc in it.
Against that I normally have my tote bag full of tools I take in on the job. (It was on the job when I took this photo!).

Then is my 'engineers' box. Which has all sorts of crap that I don't use often, like smoke pellets, pressure gauges, glass fuses, water finding paste, the list goes on.

Then I have my 'hop up'.

Then I have my tool box full of hand tools I don't often use.

Then I have my pipe freezer.

On the left hand side racking is useful things like hose adapters, jubilee clips, tape, etc. On the right hand side I have my large plastic tubs. Filled with waste fittings, comp fittings, pumps, valves ect.

Then I have my Makita cordless drills in one box.

Then I have drill bits, jigsaw, crimpers, and all manner of tools. Then on the back I have my benders, formers, hose pipe, cable, kitchen roll, U gauge and the like.

I love working out this van. compared to the old one, my stress level has less than halved!

I don't want to tempt fate, but a van vault hopefully won't be needed. I've not had a van broken into and I've had a van since I started at this as a spotty lad!

I am insured for the tools too...but would rather keep them than have the money!

Yes I need to clean it. I NEVER cleaned the inside of my old van. Not once. I don't know if I ever cleaned the inside of the one before that either!

I actually had to ask a mate what he cleans the inside of his van with as I have no idea (warm soapy water is good apparently!).

I will try to clean the outside. My next thing is the sign write it, but I'm skint. Which is ironic as I've been working my butt off. Just need to knuckle down to invoicing. I'm too addicted to this forum!!

Don't know what the BHP is, all I know is, it's rapid!!

It's got 6 gears and flies. Easily the fastest van I've ever had. On the motor way you look down and go "oh I'm doing a 100mph how did that happen!!?"

Just does it so easily.

Looks the bees knees mate. Would defo get a van vault, especially after listing everything on here

Yeah, perhaps I shouldn't have listed everything on here. I trust you lot, but I'm sure there are prying eyes from pikeys on here!! Maybe admin can move this into the arms??

Yeah, perhaps I shouldn't have listed everything on here. I trust you lot, but I'm sure there are prying eyes from pikeys on here!! Maybe admin can move this into the arms??
Danny didn't you forget to mention its guarded by 2 Rottweilers 24 hours a day with motion sensor lasers and gun wielding guards with a nervous twitch

I do have a rocket launcher in the bedside cabinet. Just in case. Pity as it will also vapourise the van, but that's a small price to pay to kill off a scummy tool thief.

Right, I'm off to finish some invoicing. Got to try and pay for this lil beaut!

Would like to see ur van T.B, or is it a estate

Van:

yge3emet.jpg

There you go Gerard. There's a picture of my van, which is not an estate but needs a wash, and my car, which is an estate and doesn't need a wash.

That is a nice van Tom :) ist a VW transporter :)
just more wind up ........ Can not help it !
looks nice , no signs on yet ?

It's a nice van and you enjoy it Tom , no matter what we all say ! Some will say negative things cos they can not even afford one , some others will be negative cos they drive little **** vans and there will be me who is just pullin ur leg :)

Hi OP. My brother used to work in the motor trade and he said they sold more new transit parts than old ones so my advice on that would be to avoid the new-shape transits.

I've owned my VW Crafter for nearly 2 years now. It's 6 years old now and still running perfect. It's cost me nothing in repair bills over the last 2 years. Even the oil lasts for 2 years (that's the service intervals). Quality vehicles and I think when you look a the cost of ownership they are cheaper to own than transits etc. VW's last for years and years so they work out quite cheap. They also keep their value very well and as we all know depreciation is the biggest cost of owning a vehicle.

The MWB version of the Crafter is perfect too, it's long enough so you can also fit all the copper tube you want inside the van plus soil pipes, ladders, chipboard flooring whatever you want. I've got the Hi-Roof version because I'm a lanky ******* and I like to be able to stand up in the back without hitting my head!

LOL just read the thread and realised you've bought a van and there's no way to delete my posts - oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock