Search the forum,

Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry the last line of that was meant for another thread. (Pauls van - if my loan doesn't go through!!!)

Told you my head is a mess. ARRRGH!

Sorry the last line of that was meant for another thread. (Pauls van - if my loan doesn't go through!!!)

Told you my head is a mess. ARRRGH!

Hi Dannypipe,

I recently purchased a vivaro after my transit died. I just played Renault off against vauxhall and eventually I got a pre registered vivaro with 11 miles on the clock. I got it ply lined seat covers and mats for £12,500. I read all the stories about the vauxhall being rubbish but If 3 manufactures make them they can't be that bad, I've only done 3500 miles in it so far but I'm well chuffed with it. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Darren

I've been to about every van dealer imaginable today, and to the bank to get a business loan. If the loan gets approved I'll be off to the auctions I think.

My head is a mess.... lease hire, contract hire, HP (not the sauce) balloon payments, down payments, VAT down, VAT back.

I really am really confused. Been to accountant too. Been a busy day. Hired a Fiat 500 for three days!!

So I'll be glad to get into anything once I finally make my mind up.

I think auction might be the way though. Familiar path for me.

If it doesn't I may now be interested in this myself.

Its unreal the amount of options Danny. I never knew these existed till I started looking last week.

Im going to but my new van outright with out the finance options offered by the dealers.

Im looking around the 10k mark and I'm Going to put 5k down of my own and loan 5k from the bank. I could pay for the whole thing now, but don't want to affect my house deposit too much. I just might have to put the house back for about 6 months or so, but I can't work without a decent van, so its catch 22 really.

I can get a decent loan off the tsb who I bank with and they will let you pay it back early, so I should have the 5k paid back within 18 months without affecting me buying a home to drastically.

I've been to a couple of dealers today, but there does not seem to be many nearly new vans around. Even the sales guy said they could not get enough vans in?

The one i wanted had been sold the day before :( Dispatch on an 11 plate with 20k for 7.5k which I thought was good considering they are nearly twice that new.

I've worked out on average I do 10.5K miles a year, so not much. I know this has a bearing on lease hire. Tend to work local, and though those are less miles than a motorway user, I do spend a fair amount of time in the van. Would love a bit of air con' for the summer. Sitting in traffic sweating my balls off isn't much fun. But the main bonus of a new van is space. Glorious space.

My van is ex BT and the racking is brilliant. It would cost a fortune. However every inch of space is used...and I still can't carry as much as I did in my last van.

Saw an ex british gas transit 2008 on autotrader yesterday still with all the racking and roof rack only 25k miles for 7.5k inc vat with 2 year warranty yesterday mate wish i had the money.

Saw an ex british gas transit 2008 on autotrader yesterday still with all the racking and roof rack only 25k miles for 7.5k inc vat with 2 year warranty yesterday mate wish i had the money.
Does it need a power flush?

Well, I've applied for a 10K loan, I have a couple of grand myself and the Combo is apparently worth a couple of grand. So all in I could spend about £15K but there is no way I'm doing that!

Ten grand tops on the new van.

can you make do until march mate? there will be a new load of pre reg bargains released.

Yeah, can wait until March. You really think it makes a difference? I've no idea how it works to be honest!

Going to the auction tomorrow. Must be contagious, as I'm taking up my Dad and two mates!

Dad and one of my mates are also looking for new vans....I think it will be pub o'clock after. I've cancelled tomorrows appointments anyway, so why not make a bit of a day of it!?

Early start though. Long drive in the morning. I'm like a kid at Christmas, I've wanted a bigger van for a long, long time!

Off to test drive that transit sat morning good luck at the auction, want my old 1 save ya the hassle :yes:

Off to test drive that transit sat morning good luck at the auction, want my old 1 save ya the hassle :yes:

I'll take my chances at the auction! I have a 10K loan burning a hole in my pocket, and got my eye on a few in particular!

Let us know how the test drive went. I will of course report back with photos!!

What year is it....I remember it's done about 70K hasn't it?

Just interested as I will be looking at Vivaros....and wanted a rough idea of what they fetch. I'm actually going for a Movano (bit bigger) but we'll see.

07 73000 silver lwb cdti, up for more on the likes of autotrader. See some with around 120000 for more but mines got a few dings

OK. Interesting. Sell it privatley. I know it's much easier to part exchange, but sounds like they're gonna nick it at that price.

Well I'm off to check off the vans I'm interested in on my auction catalogue.

The thought, that I'll never have to take half my vans contents out again to get a waste pipe fitting is making me very happy. I'm gonna get my mate Colin the chippy to rack it just how I want it. Can't wait!

Have a good one at Ford. Be interested to hear what the new transit is like. You know it's gonna drive really well though. It's brand new!! Once you've driven it, then temptation is even harder to fend off. Good luck!

My 52 plate viva to went pop a few months back after I had replaced the turbo the clutch the slave cylinder and windscreen. In all about£1700 worth of repairs was a lovely van and super comfy! They are galvanised body so rarely rust but the 1.9 is actually a volvo engine with a laguna gear box and couldn't cope. Stay away from the 2.8/2.9 ltr models as if the clutch goes the sub frame needs to be dropped and your looking at 1500 ish to get if fixed so the 2 or 2.2ltr are the way forward in the traffic/vivaro range had a hire van when I was waiting for a new can and they gave me a Nissan primaster and I loved it Bluetooth sat nav air con voice control cruise control the works! But looked into them and were too pricey. In the end I got myself an 09 plate transit for £6500 inc and am pleased with it racked it out etc only wish I'd got the 110 not 85

Bought my new van (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY)

But can't pick it up until tomorrow (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

Got an 09 plate VW Transporter, a 130, SWB with air con, electric windows/mirrors, parking sensors. Very clean, one small dent on the wheel arch. Its done 66K miles and that is warranted milage so def' not clocked. It's in silver.

Paid 10K for it all in from the auctions. That includes VAT and fees.

Sad thing is, I paid the deposit. Then went to pay the outstanding amount. Wouldn't authorise. Loan hadn't cleared.

Phoned bank, they said it could clear anytime today. So I hung around. Reluctantly left at 4.30 as it's a long drive. Got home just now, and the money is in the account. So now I have to take tomorrow off to go back there and pick it up.

To make matters worse. Just had an emergency call out come in. Which I've had to turn away. Turned so much work away this week, it's painful.

Got an 09 plate VW Transporter, a 130, SWB with air con, electric windows/mirrors, parking sensors. Very clean, one small dent on the wheel arch. Its done 66K miles and that is warranted milage so def' not clocked. It's in silver.

Sad thing is, I paid the deposit. Then went to pay the outstanding amount. Wouldn't authorise. Loan hadn't cleared.

Phoned bank, they said it could clear anytime today. So I hung around. Reluctantly left at 4.30 as it's a long drive. Got home just now, and the money is in the account. So now I have to take tomorrow off to go back there and pick it up.

To make matters worse. Just had an emergency call out come in. Which I've had to turn away. Turned so much work away this week, it's painful.
proper van tho danny, i like, am looking for lwb one

Nice piece of kit, put some photos up when you get the time, you can get some smart racking kits for these vans, ex aa racking is quite good stuff!

The really great thing is, my mate Colin the chippy also bought the same make, year and model van. So I've asked him nicely if he'll help me rack it out...when he does his.

I'm crap at anything like that.

I'm like a kid at Christmas, can't wait to go pick her up in the morning. Thanks for the heads up about the AA racking. I'm gonna take a look tonight. Infact I'm going to do nothing but kit out the new toy for the next few weeks.

My mates is the 85PS version, and he says his drives really nice. So the 130 should be pretty good. There was a 200 Merc Sportliner there today. Went for silly money. As in silly high. The auctions are MENTAL some things go for a song, others go through the roof. There's no pattern.

I bidded like a madman on mine. I was trying to look cool, like a car dealer, but when push came to shove, I was waving my hand around like a total fool, bidding against myself, and looking totally amatuer!

I went to the one at Black Bushe, a big auction too. They sold over 400 vans today in just over 2 hours.

Lots of Vivaros. Most of them on an 08 plate and about 75K on the clock. This is warranted mileage so you know its genuine. They went for about 4500 plus VAT and fees. So I guess that's about 6K all in.

Some went cheaper, but they tended to either be a bit tatty or high mileage or non warranted mileage.

You get the occasional bargain.

Right at the end, a 08 Vivaro with a bit of damage to the rear bumper and no warranted milage went for £3200 plus vat and fees. Which is a bloody cheap van.

I saw a Movano I wanted which was an 08 plate, and 55K miles go for 6K plus VAT & fees. Which is proper cheap (but I had bought by then and was killing time while my money cleared - or didn't!!).

Like I say, you see some stuff go so cheap, you want to bid on it really badly. Then something you think will go cheap goes for a lot more than you think.

If you've never been to one of these big auctions, then I suggest you go just for the experience. It's amazing. A buzz when you're bidding too.

I loved it.

I went to the one at Black Bushe, a big auction too. They sold over 400 vans today in just over 2 hours.

Lots of Vivaros. Most of them on an 08 plate and about 75K on the clock. This is warranted mileage so you know its genuine. They went for about 4500 plus VAT and fees. So I guess that's about 6K all in.

Some went cheaper, but they tended to either be a bit tatty or high mileage or non warranted mileage.

Right at the end, a 08 Vivaro with a bit of damage to the rear bumper and no warranted milage went for £3200 plus vat and fees. Which is a bloody cheap van.

I saw a Movano I wanted which was an 08 plate, and 55K miles go for 6K plus VAT & fees. Which is proper cheap (but I had bought by then and was killing time while my money cleared - or didn't!!).

Like I say, you see some stuff go so cheap, you want to bid on it really badly. Then something you think will go cheap goes for a lot more than you think.

If you've never been to one of these big auctions, then I suggest you go just for the experience. It's amazing. A buzz when you're bidding too.

I loved it.

I love them, I feel like del boy! Can't look anybody in the eye though. Last time took my mate ( a debt collector ) he taught me how to phyc out my opponent. Some serious stuff. The best I've been to is Merthyr motor auctions, one of the biggest in the country

I was wearing my sheepskin jacket today....in order to try and look the part.

I totally love it. If I ever can't stand plumbing any more, I'm totally going to become a del boy, wheeler dealer!!

It's organised chaos. Vans rolling in every couple of minutes, on two selling halls. Loads of people mingling around, opening the sliding doors, and sniffing round the vans. Good fun.

I loved it.

Cheers pal gives me some negotiating ammo

Going saturday morning, gonna see what I can knock em down too if I take it I know they've had it at least a month and moved it to a different dealer so see how keen the bloke is 4 a sale

Funny enough I've just read this thread and can relate to the combos lack of space. Only thing is it owes me nothing and is so good on fuel I'm reluctant to part with it.

Funny enough I've just read this thread and can relate to the combos lack of space. Only thing is it owes me nothing and is so good on fuel I'm reluctant to part with it.

I was the same, now I owe 10K on the van and I still have to rack it, and sign write it. But it's tax deductable, and I won't have to put up with this anymore: IMG_1550.jpgIMG_1553.jpgThese were taken a couple of years back, and in fairness I have become more careful about what I carry, and it is now better than this....but still it's hard not having enough room. It stresses you out and slows you down.

I ideally wanted a big VW Crafter, but the Tranporter was just too nice to let slip. 8K plus VAT and fees. So ten in total. It's worth that in the hassle it will save me every single working day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock