Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi OP. My brother used to work in the motor trade and he said they sold more new transit parts than old ones so my advice on that would be to avoid the new-shape transits.

I've owned my VW Crafter for nearly 2 years now. It's 6 years old now and still running perfect. It's cost me nothing in repair bills over the last 2 years. Even the oil lasts for 2 years (that's the service intervals). Quality vehicles and I think when you look a the cost of ownership they are cheaper to own than transits etc. VW's last for years and years so they work out quite cheap. They also keep their value very well and as we all know depreciation is the biggest cost of owning a vehicle.

The MWB version of the Crafter is perfect too, it's long enough so you can also fit all the copper tube you want inside the van plus soil pipes, ladders, chipboard flooring whatever you want. I've got the Hi-Roof version because I'm a lanky ******* and I like to be able to stand up in the back without hitting my head!

LOL just read the thread and realised you've bought a van and there's no way to delete my posts - oops!

Unicorn or Unicron?

u5y9ubu4.jpg

Shame about the colour

Nothing wrong with a red van. Postman pat had one and he did alright :)

i used to drive a red van when I worked for housing associations and loved it. I was really high up and all the girlies noticed me in my shiny red van and I loved it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock