Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Well my van won't start. The AA are on the way....but I've had it with the van anyway. It's too small by a long way. (Vauxhall Combo).

So anyone who's recently bought a new or nearly new van, who has any advice on lease hire, or hp or anything at all. Please let me know.

I bought my last two vans at auction. The one before that off a mate....so don't have much to go on with regards to leasing.

I want something pretty big, LWB transit size ideally.

I'm now going to start shopping.

Oh and have about £3000.00 deposit. So not much.

Last edited:
It's a nice van and you enjoy it Tom , no matter what we all say ! Some will say negative things cos they can not even afford one , some others will be negative cos they drive little **** vans and there will be me who is just pullin ur leg :)

Hi OP. My brother used to work in the motor trade and he said they sold more new transit parts than old ones so my advice on that would be to avoid the new-shape transits.

I've owned my VW Crafter for nearly 2 years now. It's 6 years old now and still running perfect. It's cost me nothing in repair bills over the last 2 years. Even the oil lasts for 2 years (that's the service intervals). Quality vehicles and I think when you look a the cost of ownership they are cheaper to own than transits etc. VW's last for years and years so they work out quite cheap. They also keep their value very well and as we all know depreciation is the biggest cost of owning a vehicle.

The MWB version of the Crafter is perfect too, it's long enough so you can also fit all the copper tube you want inside the van plus soil pipes, ladders, chipboard flooring whatever you want. I've got the Hi-Roof version because I'm a lanky ******* and I like to be able to stand up in the back without hitting my head!

LOL just read the thread and realised you've bought a van and there's no way to delete my posts - oops!

Unicorn or Unicron?

u5y9ubu4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock