Discuss Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken some new photos today, as the original ones I took just looked too perfect!!

I've now been working out the van for a week or two. I don't intend to drive the pipe freezer and transformer around with me but I have been as it's handy.

I haven't had a chance to label the boxes yet....I will eventually.

I think this van is the perfect size. I can get in the back and grab what I need no problems but I'm not driving around in some huge, LWB monster!

It's so fast too!

The roof rack, pipe rack and ply racking cost me £640 fitted. Which I think is a bargain.

danny good choice ,
just like my but I have the van Vault bolted down to the floor ,
also get secondary locks fitted

That racking does look very good. Makes my attempt at doing mine look awful lol.

Looks half empty to me, mines full to the roof. Nice van, I fancy one of these next.

HA!!

Anyway to explain briefly my 'system'.

The big box at the back has loose power tools. (it's screwed to the ply floor).

The F&E tank next to it is also screwed to the floor. That's got tubes of silicon and gas, etc in it.
Against that I normally have my tote bag full of tools I take in on the job. (It was on the job when I took this photo!).

Then is my 'engineers' box. Which has all sorts of crap that I don't use often, like smoke pellets, pressure gauges, glass fuses, water finding paste, the list goes on.

Then I have my 'hop up'.

Then I have my tool box full of hand tools I don't often use.

Then I have my pipe freezer.

On the left hand side racking is useful things like hose adapters, jubilee clips, tape, etc. On the right hand side I have my large plastic tubs. Filled with waste fittings, comp fittings, pumps, valves ect.

Then I have my Makita cordless drills in one box.

Then I have drill bits, jigsaw, crimpers, and all manner of tools. Then on the back I have my benders, formers, hose pipe, cable, kitchen roll, U gauge and the like.

I love working out this van. compared to the old one, my stress level has less than halved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van HELL!!! Any advice very welcome - going to buy a new one. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
At the start of COVID we started increasing the size of a small bungalow to create first floor. All electrics and plumbing removed. Electrics...
Replies
Views
I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I'm after buying a Ford Transit Custom as my old but trusty Vauxhall combo is starting to feel it now and doesn't look the part...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock