Discuss SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes

[video=youtube;rNkgDJpcuwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU[/video]

I am too but he's dragging up all sorts of old threads and reading more and more Gas stuff formulating what sounds like a plan as to how he can do more and he's not even Gas Safe yet

"Hi, Im looking for work as a plumber. I have a number of years experience and have recently passed the plumbing and heating CSCS test. I do not have the card as it seems to be less than easy to get. I have never done site plumbing but have done call-out work for a number of years, ie. repairs/emergencies/maintenance.

I have passed nearly all my gas training/exams but still have a bit left to go back and retake, later this month. I have been out of the trade for a few years, working in security but now want to return, hopefully with gas registration.

I drive, am a non smoker and have a car but no van. Based near Gatwick. Thankyou".

He posted his background, as above, so if he is to be believed he has limited plumbing & heating install experienced but does not have NVQ so can't get CSCS and is work towards ACS.

"Hi, Im looking for work as a plumber. I have a number of years experience and have recently passed the plumbing and heating CSCS test. I do not have the card as it seems to be less than easy to get. I have never done site plumbing but have done call-out work for a number of years, ie. repairs/emergencies/maintenance.

I have passed nearly all my gas training/exams but still have a bit left to go back and retake, later this month. I have been out of the trade for a few years, working in security but now want to return, hopefully with gas registration.

I drive, am a non smoker and have a car but no van. Based near Gatwick. Thankyou".

He posted his background, as above, so if he is to be believed he has limited plumbing & heating install experienced but does not have NVQ so can't get CSCS and is work towards ACS.
Good sleuth work mate. The way he words things just set me worrying

He's nearly commercial you know
He'll want to head up the gassafe inspection team next

It's terrifying mate I don't think he's even swung an analyser in anger yet and he's talking about doing commercial. It's all very well having a plan but Christ a little realism and humility goes a long way

I can never understand why everyone want to become a gas engineer when they know nothing about plumbing.
How do they think they can manage not knowing the basics

There's been the annual influx on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all! I'm a DIY'er who probably knows just enough to get myself in trouble, but fortunately I know my limitations, when it comes to projects I...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock