Search the forum,

Discuss SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair pi55 taking is the second best thing we do

yes

[video=youtube;rNkgDJpcuwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU[/video]

I am too but he's dragging up all sorts of old threads and reading more and more Gas stuff formulating what sounds like a plan as to how he can do more and he's not even Gas Safe yet

"Hi, Im looking for work as a plumber. I have a number of years experience and have recently passed the plumbing and heating CSCS test. I do not have the card as it seems to be less than easy to get. I have never done site plumbing but have done call-out work for a number of years, ie. repairs/emergencies/maintenance.

I have passed nearly all my gas training/exams but still have a bit left to go back and retake, later this month. I have been out of the trade for a few years, working in security but now want to return, hopefully with gas registration.

I drive, am a non smoker and have a car but no van. Based near Gatwick. Thankyou".

He posted his background, as above, so if he is to be believed he has limited plumbing & heating install experienced but does not have NVQ so can't get CSCS and is work towards ACS.

"Hi, Im looking for work as a plumber. I have a number of years experience and have recently passed the plumbing and heating CSCS test. I do not have the card as it seems to be less than easy to get. I have never done site plumbing but have done call-out work for a number of years, ie. repairs/emergencies/maintenance.

I have passed nearly all my gas training/exams but still have a bit left to go back and retake, later this month. I have been out of the trade for a few years, working in security but now want to return, hopefully with gas registration.

I drive, am a non smoker and have a car but no van. Based near Gatwick. Thankyou".

He posted his background, as above, so if he is to be believed he has limited plumbing & heating install experienced but does not have NVQ so can't get CSCS and is work towards ACS.
Good sleuth work mate. The way he words things just set me worrying

He's nearly commercial you know
He'll want to head up the gassafe inspection team next

It's terrifying mate I don't think he's even swung an analyser in anger yet and he's talking about doing commercial. It's all very well having a plan but Christ a little realism and humility goes a long way

I can never understand why everyone want to become a gas engineer when they know nothing about plumbing.
How do they think they can manage not knowing the basics

There's been the annual influx on here

I don`t feel he is being straight with you guys, feel he is just drip feeding to keep the thread going.

I can never understand why everyone want to become a gas engineer when they know nothing about plumbing.
How do they think they can manage not knowing the basics

St Google?

I genuinely think a lot of them think no further than oh I can fit boilers there'll be loads of work but don't even know how to get the pipes to the boiler. They just think it's easy money

Yes very true. Shouldn't be allowed really

Totally agree ,

However i don't blame the guys/girls going on these courses more a case of how its sold . This you can earn 50 k a year etc etc .
To me thats potentially false advertising and surprised trading standards have not got involved.

stevewannadogas got given a thinly veiled warning earlier,dont butt in on my thread,i dont suffer fools and will remove him if he keeps it up,big mistake to step on my toes

Yeah saw that. Had a little chuckle to myself. I still can't work out the guys angle. I think he is just trying far far too hard

I did think that but it's a pretty pointless attempt he's not really rubbed anyone up the wrong way massively. I'm still thinking he's working illegally and is going to start slyly nudging for info

He's well and truly on my radar.

Failed a six week course one minute. Got his ccn1 the next.

Alarm bells are jangling......

He's well and truly on my radar.

Failed a six week course one minute. Got his ccn1 the next.

Alarm bells are jangling......

Weird ain't it.

He doesn't respond when asked either. I'm still thinking illegalinstaller

Weird ain't it.

He doesn't respond when asked either. I'm still thinking illegalinstaller

Thinking about it, I think you're right. His post on the "can you sign someone else's install off" thread (one of his very first posts), sounded like someone in that situation...

Thankyou and no problem. The way to go is s/e but to also undergo further training, because I know I`m not competent yet.

Above, is his latest post on the commercial query.

This is where I personally think it all falls down. There are people out there ( not just stevewannado), but hundreds, who have qualified as competent when they themselves know that they are not. These people can start up as self employed when they know relatively
Nothing.

How is that safe?

Not if he doesn't please the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock