Search the forum,

Discuss SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm not being critical as I know we all have to learn but is this guys input starting to worry anybody??

im just really hoping he's not doing it in paying customers houses as I'm sure he said he was studying gas but has zero plumbing experience!!

a little knowledge and all that I just hope he's not another supperplumb

Well is he even a pro?? This is my point he talks as if he's doing the job but just seems to know nothing. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice. He said he wanted to be able to diagnose a broken boiler in someone's house but says openly that he has failed his ACS. Dunno maybe it's just the hangover talking.

Last edited:
Well is he even a pro?? This is my point he talks as if he's doing the job but just seems to know nothing. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice. He said he wanted to be able to diagnose a broken boiler in someone's house but says openly that he has failed his ACS. Dunno maybe it's just the hangover talking.

No I agree entirely. Just didn't think I'd sound festive if I called him a pleb.

See like two peas in a pod :17: :19:

Where else could I get this abuse on Xmas eve :smile:

Oh I'm the golden child in the eyes of the in laws. They don't like their own offspring.

I think we shoud ask him about his background, what he is doing and where he is going. Then he can be helped along a bit.
If he gets too much abuse, he will leave and do the work anyway.

It's very true mate. I wasn't on a witch hunt I just get concerned when there is a basic lack of knowledge which you'd get with college and apprenticeship it was the doing gas before any sort of plumbing that set alarm bells ringing

If I recall ......
Help, my boiler isn`t working was his 1st post, I have 2 girls and it`s freezing turned into I live alone later on. Then I think it is ok if I hang a boiler and do the pipework then somebody else signs it off which I can`t do as I`ve failed the ACS test (The one where you work out what`s wrong on a board).

Then I`m looking for a company / working with a plumber. Now he is chipping in with advice or advising to search on Google. I believe he is young and possible dangerous to himself if my view counts for anything.

Totally agree RPM I don't know if you were around for the supperplumb fiasco but these were the sort of early doors stuff we got from him and that didn't end well

Totally agree RPM I don't know if you were around for the supperplumb fiasco but these were the sort of early doors stuff we got from him and that didn't end well

Oh yeah I remember the king of PTFE tape who doubled up as a DJ some evenings until he was caught out.

I felt a bit sorry for the geezer at first because he comes across like he's a guy who is trying to get somewhere but I am beginning to think that his name gives that impression. He does ask a lot of questions but not really the type you would expect a trainee to ask are they ?

Oh I'm the golden child in the eyes of the in laws. They don't like their own offspring.

You say golden child and I immediately think......

2016-12-24-14-34-30--2080083238.jpg

I've just read that post about sticking two magnets on each side of heating pipe........Now I really do wonder why anyone with half an idea about heating would do that???

That's mad as a box of frogs !

I think we shoud ask him about his background, what he is doing and where he is going. Then he can be helped along a bit.
If he gets too much abuse, he will leave and do the work anyway.

He`s been asked twice today and hasn`t responded as yet.

I reckon he's either a diy hero that reckons he knows more than he does or he's working very illegally???

Being the season of goodwill and all that I`m willing to wait.

I am too but he's dragging up all sorts of old threads and reading more and more Gas stuff formulating what sounds like a plan as to how he can do more and he's not even Gas Safe yet

Think croppie should offer him some crash course experience:D

Is this in commercial or at the lodge with the paddle of rebuke???

Is this in commercial or at the lodge with the paddle of rebuke???

Both I thought esp if croppie comes walks in his heels

I don't know why but I have images of that scene in Dragnet with the virgin Connie Swailes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SteveWannadogas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock