Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Dotty
  • Start date
  • Replies 173
  • Views 3K

Discuss Show us yer mug! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ezy8a6yt.jpg

If your still smiling you haven't been doing it long enough.

Wasn't smiling earlier when I had to get the first fix done before a chippy could start. Old threaded copper pipe. The 3/4 was fine with ef adapters but could I get any fitting on the 1/2 inch. The walls of the pipe were so bloody thick. Like nothing I've ever seen before. Not a single fitting in the box would go on this pipe until I got the 15mm slip coupling on it. Think the pipework had been there
about 60 years.
Perseverance paid off.

Bottom line, I wasn't smiling!!

Old 1/2" copper = big bucks at the scrappie! You can get adapters in compression, soldered and even Speedfit and I always carry a few of each in the van.

Not a picture of my face but it's still me - and my chest.

002.jpg

T-shirt my brother-in-law brought back for me after he returned to the Falkland Islands for the 25th Pilgrimage < all I can find about it sorry. He's been really suicidal for about the last 10 years and goes to some sort of private holiday resort-come-clinic paid for by Combat Stress. He had dinner with Maggie before flying down to Brazil then onto the Falkland's where he toured the islands with the locals and their Land Rovers. Found his own fox-hole and stayed with the same family who sheltered him after the surrender.

And the cast iron bath was soooo heavy had to cut it in half to get it out. Longer than a standard bath nowadays and heavy as a tank. My poor little angle grinder had its work cut out for it

Old 1/2" copper = big bucks at the scrappie! You can get adapters in compression, soldered and even Speedfit and I always carry a few of each in the van.

All under floor and I didn't want to do anything but solder it. Especially as it will be tiled over.
Yea the pipework I took out is very damn heavy. Got a few meters of 3/4 and a few 1/2.

And the cast iron bath was soooo heavy had to cut it in half to get it out. Longer than a standard bath nowadays and heavy as a tank. My poor little angle grinder had its work cut out for it

Stick some clean bog roll in your ears, and smash it into four pieces starting with the week point the plug hole. Use a lump hammer.

Stick some clean bog roll in your ears, and smash it into four pieces starting with the week point the plug hole. Use a lump hammer.

This bath was also ridiculously heavy and thick. That might have worked with the bath I took out at home but this one was solid.
I reckon you'd have a hard time with a sledge and a splitting mual

Need more than bog roll in your ears, it's like standing inside Big Ben when you use a lumpy. I've seen pieces fly off and embed themselves in plasterboard too before now so always remember your goggles. Better to look silly than have a piece of cast iron stuck in your eyeball.

Would I be right in saying this is known as 20 thread or is that something else???

There's a lot of threaded copper in Leicester area. You can get brass ef adapters for soldered joints. I have a few in the van, plumb center Leicester stock them for that reason.

Ill have to take a trip down there. The ones I got were from b & m plumbing in syston.

Need more than bog roll in your ears, it's like standing inside Big Ben when you use a lumpy. I've seen pieces fly off and embed themselves in plasterboard too before now so always remember your goggles. Better to look silly than have a piece of cast iron stuck in your eyeball.

Use an old dust sheet in the bath! Stops enamel flying in all directions! Check the ceiling below first tho, & worn customer it may pop the screw heads that are plastered over etc! Then hit it!!!!!!

the real question is how did that man balance on that "ornament" on croppies fireplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show us yer mug! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock