Discuss mugshot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
In concealed cistern. The float valve vibrates a lot (mainly when it begins to refill, less when nearly full.) If you put your fingers on where the piston bit closes the valve you can feel it going like the clappers.

Is there a standard washer and seat set that would fit this or would I need the specific make? And is that likely to be the solve? Or could the valve itself be nonced? It's been concealed in way that would mean taking half the bathroom apart if it needs a new whole inlet valve fitted. Anyone know what these are actually called? See them quite a bit.

photo0543.jpg

could it be that it is mains fed (high pressure) and the wrong orifice has been fitted i.e the red low pressure one causing the noise? just an idea. :)

So true.

Watertight, I would get the Holdite kits it I were you, plastic boxes of ball valve spares, also tap washers and fibre/rubber washers.

They also do an O ring kit but very rarely do I find one thats fits anything.

In that ballvalve you will most likely find the rubber diaphram has gone all hard or theres dirt in the seat, or both.

Thanks guys, just the answers I was hoping for.

Do you know where you can buy these inlets from though? With the curved arms. For future reference. See them a lot but not for sale.

I've never seen them for sale, its probably made by the cistern manufacturer.

Normal plastic ballvalves will adjust to clear the syphon (siphon?) anyway.

They don't though, which is why these ones are curved.
I've tried in past. Only things that seem to fit is if you change syphon for fluidmaster push-button and inlet for fluidmaster.

Ah-ha!

Do you reckon there are various types like this that look similar with slightly different dimensions or is it more than likely that that one will fit them all when you see a curved one?

I'm going to buy a few for sure. Nice one.

So true.

Watertight, I would get the Holdite kits it I were you, plastic boxes of ball valve spares, also tap washers and fibre/rubber washers.

I actually do have the tap washer and fibre washer kits from holdtite, but didn't get the ball valve washer kit for no good reason i can recall.

Incidentally, one of the kits has ball valve seat fibre washers. I know this is probably a very stupid question but what are these for? There aren't fibre washers in a ball-valve are there? Are they for replacing the rubber ones?

Form an orderly queue to mock me starting here ---->

Last edited:
Ah-ha!

Incidentally, one of the kits has ball valve seat fibre washers. I know this is probably a very stupid question but what are these for? There aren't fibre washers in a ball-valve are there? Are they for replacing the rubber ones?

Form an orderly queue to mock me starting here ---->

YES YOU DO FIND THEM IN THE VALVE TO CONNECT TO THE INLET OF THE COCKS:rolleyes:
sorry about the caps, cant be bothered to retype.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mugshot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I am looking for advice about what cistern to replace my current concealed one with. I have an Opella Castalia cistern with a Torbeck...
Replies
Views
Sodden Again
S
B
Hi all I'm having a few problems with the above - the old valve was leaking causing it to overflow so I went to buy a new valve to replace it...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
S
Hi guys. Just fitted a bathroom (refit old one unfortunately) and I'm having a copuple of problems. The bath is very close to floor with steel...
Replies
Views
smudger
S
R
Hi, Im about to fit a monoblock kitchen mixer, after looking at the 2 washers supplied, there is one narrower and smaller diamiter washer and one...
Replies
Views
G
My house is about 9 years old and recently there is a problem that's developed. The symptom is: When the float operated valve of the cold water...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock