Search the forum,

Discuss Know what valve to turn , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Brilliant.

I shall apply that philosophy in my work today.

Looks like my Employer is heading for a big bill.

Last edited:
That's quality Kris, we should all put the link on the bottom of quotes!

It does confirm that we probably shouldn't tell those that don't know which valve to turn without being paid. So I guess that's the end of the public forum then. Ah well at least there's the arms.

I'd like to think that in a nuclear power station there would be someone on-site who knows what valve to turn to avert nuclear disaster... Rather than relying on mr arrogant to come on over from Germany!

Secondly the video is obviously fake as he turns a gate valve... And we all know that gate valve would have been seized!

But it's a nice video none the less, the main point is indeed that as professionals we should get paid for what we know & stop selling ourselves cheap!

Obviously it ain't real it's just the principle of the story that's brilliant. Of course there's probably 20 guys that would know that place and valves inside out .

Obviously it ain't real it's just the principle of the story that's brilliant. Of course there's probably 20 guys that would know that place and valves inside out .

You've ruined it now Kris - I thought it was real!

Sorry it might be real , I honestly don't know , lol

There may have been 20 guys who knew which valve to close, but they were all probably running around like headless chickens (or Corporal Jones) and with tunnel vision.
Unable to think clearly and or afraid to do anything that might later cause a disaster and their own death either in an explosion or firing squad.
It's probably something they've not practised for.

Stepping in from outside with a clear head and a plan is what (allegedly) solved the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Know what valve to turn , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hello, Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking about using a full bore with a handle as my default as I find that most of my customers struggle to muster up a screwdriver to isolate the water when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock