Discuss I've snapped external stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
beesley121 - I have untwisted loads of stiff road stop taps and caused huge gushers
in my time - i closed the A4 many years ago for a whole weekend / i wiped out much of
Larkhall in Bath one afternoon -

My motto is - along the lines - just go for it - their stuff is sometimes dead old and siezed
Centralheatking

beesley121 - I have untwisted loads of stiff road stop taps and caused huge gushers
in my time - i closed the A4 many years ago for a whole weekend / i wiped out much of
Larkhall in Bath one afternoon -

My motto is - along the lines - just go for it - their stuff is sometimes dead old and siezed
Centralheatking
Ahh that's why I had no water in Batheaston then when I lived there! What was the outcome?

These things happen from time to time. I doubt it will be an issue, but if they kick off point out to them the recent history, it was obviously fatigued and the washer did not do the job, Their valve their problem.

turned off a nursery school one morning to change an internal stopcock and dropped the cover on the plastic s bend to the meter, lovely fountain, kids v impressed, owners not so, so called the board, told them it was a H&S issue young kids etc etc, and got on with swapping the internal stop tap, just in time to see the board van turn up and replace the damage. He looked on knowinly and handed over some spare bends to save him coming out next time :)

My biggest was on the A4 in Corsham just on the chippenham side about 200m from the 2 pigs pub - road dug up on a friday night and traffic lights all weekend - the crews that got called out virtually hugged me for their overtime CHK
Ahh that's why I had no water in Batheaston then when I lived there! What was the outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I've snapped external stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock