Search the forum,

Discuss Installing new central heating pipework, 10 rad system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must be mate ...... last year working for HA I have fitted between 5 to 6 boilers per week , and none of my work was fitted from the drive way :) if you know what i mean all pipe straight and all soldered joint cleaned

I can definitely buy a boiler a day, I've seen that done with my own eyes but can you really do a 10 rad system pipework in 2 days??

Yah, it most likely is a bit of a stretch at 8 days if I'm being honest. It's a fixed price for the labour though. Do you guys factor in your time spent quoting and designing the system into your labour costs though?

No i dont just make it up as i go along with domestics dont even bother looking at them any more

Seems a bit in the steep side, but iff you can get it fair play. We should all be on that sort of money. Eight days is a little long to, me and my old dad would walk it in four days.

yep its about a ÂŁ500 labour change over here for back boiler here

why i dont bother with domestic now rates are pants

H/A only for domestics at least home by twelve or so
that is cheap ? i was paid about ÂŁ360 by the HA for same work + meterage for pipe work and other extras ......
I would not change a back boiler to new location for less then 1k honestly

LOL definitely not believing that one. Now you are just trying to wind me up!

That was directed at hammer btw not you SGI :)

If you were willing to do that at ÂŁ200 day rate I would get no end of work for you up here SGI!

Yep half day on a bungalow use to work as part of a team doing heat packs 10 plus a week would take us half day to do a bungalow or a flat ,
that was ten year ago tho prob slip a disk now !!!

I have helped other plumbers and I am willing to help even Adam , who promise to take me fishing but never did ......:( :( :(

pls re read post 41

Yah I did - I was joking with you :) Just saying that if you installed these systems for ÂŁ400 you would never be out of work ever.

Yah I did - I was joking with you :) Just saying that if you installed these systems for ÂŁ400 you would never be out of work ever.
when I said piping i did mean running all pipe in loft and clip them and do all drops ,

I am a foreigner but I dont work for nothing like the other immigrants

Going back on topic 5 k for 10 rads if your vat registered is probably not that bad

Hehe. Ok, we have established that I'm expensive! The weird thing I am noticing though is the more I charge the more booked up I am getting. Seriously. I have upped my prices quite a bit this year and for the first year ever I am booking 3 months ahead.

Hope this gives anyone the confidence to wack on a bit more on your prices.

Will let you know if I get this one!

Looks like I have the job lol.

It took me and 4 other plumbers to fit a 35kw heat only boiler, 28 - 22 -15mm piping (huge runs) and drill the required holes from room to room and hang 19 rads, 5 days and it was a 12k job

8 days to do heating on a bungalow for 2 men - just done one in 2 days all copper drops. can be your apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing new central heating pipework, 10 rad system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock