Discuss General rant thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price of British Standards Documents. Everyone being told to do the job inaccordance with the standards, yet the information to do the job right is beyond reach due to price.

You can view them for free on library websites!

I do like the hard copy though. Makes good bed time reading, drives the miss's wild:drool5:

Not endorsing piracy, but anything that's viewable on the Internet is downloadable and therefore printable ;-) googles your friend!

going in to service aboiler and the customer leaves just enough room to walk through the rubbish to look at the boiler and no where to put the tool bag down or you can see the boiler but cant get to it cos the crap is piled up around it

Retired teachers on full pensions moaning about the drop in earnings when they are now doing two little earners as top up and expecting free plumbing advice

Deputy head teacher justifying pension because it compensates for what she would be earning in the private sector. Dream on.........

Sorry guys had a few bad teacher days...................

Carry on mate. I went out with a teacher for 7 years and they are the most moaning bunch of people I've ever met. They all need a reality check.

trying to plaster my bathroom ceiling and ending up looking like Morph.

getting a late fri callout for an immersion issue, walking in and having a look, check the wiring, switches, fuses and flick up the dodgy mcb to make it work and he offers you a £5 for your trouble then winges when you give him the invoice. then winges more when you tell him its not your time he is paying for but your experience and that his bath will be hot in 60 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on mate. I went out with a teacher for 7 years and they are the most moaning bunch of people I've ever met. They all need a reality check.

I know quite a few teachers! They can be a tad patronising at times shall we say!

Just caught a bit of my big fat gypsy valentine.....Sod it gonna be a gypsy, No tax, No job come backs and the toilets within stumblin' distance from anywhere in your caravan. win win.

Depends how fancy ur caravan is. there usually off the kitchen......nice

Ok my bad, the ones round our way must be the gypsy non travelling travellers..

gypsies crap outside as they say why would you crap in your bedroom. They used to pitch regular by where i trained and go for a dump at edge of the field

At a service today and the customer says "well the chap last year didnt do any of that, dont think he knew what he was doing". Erm it was me pal............

I've got far too much to rant about! So I'll stick with plumbing related issues....

People who put cupboards around boilers without leaving room for servicing.

Roid head plumbers who over tighten every compression joint, when bits of brass are coming off the nut, it is tight enough!

Other trades moaning about how much plumbers charge....How often does your trowel get calibrated? When is you WoodSafe registration due? Exactly, f**k off!

Custards who like to hide the gas meter under a pile of crap under the stairs that takes 20 mins to clear ..........

And the ones who boild shelves in front of boilers so you cant remove the cover.......or the bracket screws cos they roundes the heads off with a cheap diy electric driver....

Custards who live in total filth and expect you to work in it been in some reet s@@t holes and walked straight back out :teeth_smile:

went to a service 12 months ago, low and behold it was a gw fuelsaver circa 1980s. thermocouple was burnt out (failed to mention). closer inspection revealed the overheat interrupter had been linked out. Custard suddenly couldnt remember who did it. so got new bits and carried on service. yay gasvalve was passing so new gasvalve. went back 2 days later cos guess what pilot had gone out relit and explained probably overheated and thats why mr dodgy had linked overheat out. custard hasnt paid and now says since i went the pilot constantly cuts out and it isnt working so hes not paying....so went back today to explain i hadnt broken the boiler and its doing what its supposed to do and its bad circulation..to which his wife says it worked fine for nearly 30 years till i got there..............I HATE lying custards..

went to a service 12 months ago, low and behold it was a gw fuelsaver circa 1980s. thermocouple was burnt out (failed to mention). closer inspection revealed the overheat interrupter had been linked out. Custard suddenly couldnt remember who did it. so got new bits and carried on service. yay gasvalve was passing so new gasvalve. went back 2 days later cos guess what pilot had gone out relit and explained probably overheated and thats why mr dodgy had linked overheat out. custard hasnt paid and now says since i went the pilot constantly cuts out and it isnt working so hes not paying....so went back today to explain i hadnt broken the boiler and its doing what its supposed to do and its bad circulation..to which his wife says it worked fine for nearly 30 years till i got there..............I HATE lying custards..

I would have slapped a ticket on it and charged for the privilege, easy to say on the internet I guess. These are the kind of situations I worry about. Feel for you mate.

Its one of those, ya try your best to help people and it turns out there arseholes. your right i got in too deep from the off.my fault entirely..warning notice and do one regardless in future..

Insurance companies that won't coff up for my access payment, even though the third party (who is insured) has been prosecuted in court for hit and run and failing to report an accident.

Moved into my new house 2 years ago and ripped out the disabled jaccuzi bath ( the door type), My old man came round and asked if he could have it for his house cos hes a bit frail...asked him today if he wanted me to fit the bath for him cos he hadnt mentioned it for ages.....awkward silence then told me he'd flogged it on ebay for £250...parents eh gotta love em.

Speedfit!!!! I do 99% of my work in copper, currently at a job where the bathroom guy has left speedfit tails for me to connect on to.

What is with the inserts? Trying to push them home with a few inches of pipe protruding from the underside of the floor whilst stood on a ladder is getting tiresome! You need syper human strength and acrobatic balance!

I hate plastic pipe even more now!!!!

Just took delivery of a milwaukee 28v set up only to find 1 battery appears to be used and the charger is buggered!!!

Made mistake of saying i would do a combi swap for a mate yesterday. Didnt manage to start until 2, he was supposed to have removed boiler (gas already off) so thought i would be done by 6-7 at latest. He questioned everything i was doing, kept pushing in to try do daft little bits when i was trying to work, went to merchant and came back with wrong stuff! I left the boiler uncommisioned at 1am this morning as the regulator is buggered!!:32:

Just took delivery of a milwaukee 28v set up only to find 1 battery appears to be used and the charger is buggered!!!

Made mistake of saying i would do a combi swap for a mate yesterday. Didnt manage to start until 2, he was supposed to have removed boiler (gas already off) so thought i would be done by 6-7 at latest. He questioned everything i was doing, kept pushing in to try do daft little bits when i was trying to work, went to merchant and came back with wrong stuff! I left the boiler uncommisioned at 1am this morning as the regulator is buggered!!:32:

Oh dear, that really sucks!

Speedfit!!!! I do 99% of my work in copper, currently at a job where the bathroom guy has left speedfit tails for me to connect on to.

What is with the inserts? Trying to push them home with a few inches of pipe protruding from the underside of the floor whilst stood on a ladder is getting tiresome! You need syper human strength and acrobatic balance!

I hate plastic pipe even more now!!!!

You hate, I dislike it.. Mice/rats love it

You hate, I dislike it.. Mice/rats love it
That really kick started my hatred for it. Stuck under a "mobile home" for two days, in the cold, dark and wet replacing plastic pipe for copper using pushfit copper fittings!

Had to work on my back, amongst dead mice, droppings and try to shuffle about under the chassis which came as low as my chest!

Drove me mental mate but calmed down now just got to look forward to going back and commisioning it.

dole scum tenants that have been there all their life and expect everything for free and dont like it when they dont get it there way..

Big corporate businesses turning to the plumbing industry to cash in which in turn takes away work from small businesses..

the government and their green deal, the letting agent i work for are having 20 boilers replaces, 20 boiler jobs i wont be getting.. thanks..

My 2 year old calling me bloody mamma all the time, i mean i know i've gained wait and a bit of the old moobs but come on :furious3:

Smoke matches called strikes! Strikes what exactly? The electrician getting in my way because the smoke matches sure as hell won't "STRIKE" on the tub lid!

I have these and they are awful, they don't strike, even light em on the hob and they still go out!

I had a Neta heat to check the other week, and had these. Crap things, I had to borrow a box of matches to light em.

I also run a mirror around case seals. Any steam on the glass is a good give away.

Has anyone tried the Hayes smoke pen? I bought one and think its great, one smoke stick lasts for ages, way better than 'strikes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General rant thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find...
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock