Discuss Customer claiming against you after 6 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I did a job in augest 2012 and last week received a letter in the post off there solicitor saying I was liable for a compression fitting leaking and causing some damage in augest 2018! The company I had then stopped trading in March 2015 as I went limited. Does anyone know where I stand etc?
You are not liable, do not engage with them until 3rd try on letter. Then advise them of a counter claim for wasted admin time, undue stress etc ..They will go away before that
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

It's statements like this that show why you shouldn't seek legal advice from plumbers! A lot of people call themselves companies when they are sole traders. If you've not set up a company you are either a sole trader or a partner and you could be fully liable.
Exactly. A company is a legal entity separate from its owners, so when I read the original post in haste, I assumed the work had been carried out by the OP, working as the employee of the company (even if he was the owner of said company) hence all my twaddle about limited liability for the company's debts.
I think what the OP intended was that he was working as a sole trader and that he used a trading name. This is not a company, though it is a business. A sole trader has personal responsibility for any losses made by his or her business.

Reply to Customer claiming against you after 6 years! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Very short version. Im a sole trader of only 10 months, but an experieced Plumber of 30 years. Installed a bathroom for a customer, they wanted me...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock