Search the forum,

Discuss Faulty Hep2O fittings? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and managed to get the water turned off pretty quickly so it is not a massive catastrophe. Both times, a fitting popped off a pipe about 15 minutes after a bath had been run. The plumber who attended both leaks has tested the system and checked all the pressure safety valves and, as everything there is fine, is of the opinion that the Hep2O fittings connecting the pipes are at fault. They look corroded inside and don't seem to have any teeth left. He has warned us that as two have gone it is likely it will happen again, and we should consider having all the fittings in our hot and cold water system replaced.

We have lived in our house 6 years and have not had any other plumbing issues in that time. The house was renovated and replumbed approximately 13 years ago.

The insurer is moving along with the claim for the damage caused by the leak but is not interested in future proofing anything and will not pay for work to be carried out to replace other fittings.

Is it possible to make a claim against Hepworth for this? Has anyone seen this type of thing previously and can advise? Appreciate it may just be very bad news and we have to find a way to sort it out ourselves, but would be very interested in anyone's feedback.

Thank you in advance, it is greatly appreciated!

Are they the grey ones with green grab rings?

There is a know issue with them good look with Hepworth

Also seen them undo by themselves when they have been tight

Thanks ShaunCorbs. Have you ever known anyone to successfully get anywhere with Hepworth?

I’ve known them to replace a fitting but I haven’t heard of damage compensation etc but there’s always a first so good luck

Take the good advice of your plumber and get them all replaced.

Don't expect your insurance company to pay any further claims of this type. They may even put an exclusion on your policy when you come to renew.

It's entertaining to fantasise about suing large companies. In practice, however, no one gets beyond their 15-minute free consultation with a solicitor.

Reply to Faulty Hep2O fittings? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock