Discuss Carry on in steel or go to copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Basically as it says got a job coming up just doing some planning the flow and return and all pipework are in LCS or just steel to you and me. Just wondering would you guys carry on in steel or connect and go to copper ? There will be a boiler going on the job to so it will be going to copper for the boiler connections anyway i guess.

Its a biggish domestic house all cast rads old system had the rad refurbished one by one but when they get there bathroom done there putting in a modern towel rad !

I'd probably go to copper if installing new rads. Presumably the old rads are hospital style cast rads? But my experience in these things is limited

I'd keep steel and run in mapress

Saves on galvanic action

I agree with Steve on this, cuts out the risk of galvanic reaction and prevents callbacks in the future because "You were the last one touched it!"

Dont think they would go for that ! They have had all the cast rads restored etc all the pipework onshow looks good ! The pipework i have seen underfloor looks good to ! Water is clear all powerflushed etc. to be honest looks to be good but i guess you dont know till you look inside. Prob carry on in steel even if it takes longer ! Thanks guys ! Appreciate your input !

Yer i agree totally it looks a really good job whats been done ! Just would of been easier going to copper for the new rad and also with it looking modern !

Ah never mentioned new rad , if it was of stelrad type for e.g then i would go copper imo

That's is y I asked if pipe work was on show as it look abit out of place, I would talk to the cust and ask them wot they would like and how much it will cost them lol

the whole system is a steel but there getting a new wet room and having a towel rad would be easier in copper i was just asking what others would do. it my decision if its done in steel or copper.

Never gonna happen ! They will never got for that and it will look naff on all the rads theyve had restored ! Ill just do it in steel ! Wont be anyproblems then !

And i couldnt replace it all without tearing up tiled floors and running conduit down the walls !

I would personally convert the steel to copper for the new rad, as think this will be easier for you and also look better in the modern bathroom. But obviously leave the rest of the installation alone as the steel looks best to the cast iron rads and keeps in character of the house, plus this requires least disruption to the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Carry on in steel or go to copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
S
I'm wondering if a failed gas line test indicates a gas leak. If so, is it a requirement to upgrade gas supply line from galvanised steel to...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
M
Hi.I have 6 caste iron rads and want to connect them all the lines are in with the stubs sticking out of the wall. There are two manifolds down...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock