Discuss 4 inch elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is this likely to be a solvent weld elbow?? Sorry for the bad picture..

I have to replace the pan connector but not seen this kind of elbow before so just sussing what I need.

Oops...

b36525fdb22c1049f1fd3e9c8e27f2e7.jpg

yea looks like sw bet there is no 4" pipe on the collar thats why its leaking

Are there no elbow pan connectors but with a long stem from the pan going to an elbow with a short male connector for the 4 inch stack...??? They all seem to be the other way...

Are there no elbow pan connectors but with a long stem from the pan going to an elbow with a short male connector for the 4 inch stack...??? They all seem to be the other way...

extended bent pan connector and how long to looking for?

sorry imeant to say there are two sizes of bent pan con try the macalpine book to get dimensions the pciture looks like a pan con into an old terain pan connector which will work if you put a bit of 4 inch onto the second one

extended bent pan connector and how long to looking for?

87498143d044a2566cd248630b7c1d8e.jpg

I can only find these.. I need it the other way around..

Basically as long as the elbow plus a few inches

I'm think I'm just gonna hack off the sw elbow at the base and stick in a flexi as I don't think the extended inlet pan connector is quite long enough... it only gives me 80mm for the inlet

I'm think I'm just gonna hack off the sw elbow at the base and stick in a flexi as I don't think the extended inlet pan connector is quite long enough... it only gives me 80mm for the inlet

can you leave the elbow in ? (split?)

There isn't much room between the elbow and the pan, def not enough to weld some 4inch pipe in place

straight pan connector? or are you changing the bog

No the pan is staying.. Yeah I'm gonna try a straight first, if that fails I'll go with plan b

just glue enough 4" in to fit flush with the elbow if there non there

Is this likely to be a solvent weld elbow?? Sorry for the bad picture..

I have to replace the pan connector but not seen this kind of elbow before so just sussing what I need.

If I am not mistaken it is a Terrain 102.4.5 Bent (or 125.4.5 straight) See Page 13. It is a single rubber seal pan con & someone has just stuffed another straight con directly into it which is not allowing the fins to seal. Suggest removing the black rubber seal, it just pulls off, buy an extension multikwik, push down inside so it seals in the inner pipe. Then cut to length & re-fit the standard pan con you have already fitted. (Say No to Flexi's) http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcssto...ng.all/hu/re/Polypipe_TerrainS&W_Brochure.pdf

Last edited:
So the socket of the elbow is 5 1/4 inch... The black rubber seal has gone. Merchant suggested putting a fernco reducer over the elbow socket, some 4 inch in the other end and the straight pan connector.. isn't there anything that'll go into the elbow socket?

So the socket of the elbow is 5 1/4 inch... The black rubber seal has gone. Merchant suggested putting a fernco reducer over the elbow socket, some 4 inch in the other end and the straight pan connector.. isn't there anything that'll go into the elbow socket?

dia?

you 1000% sure (taken the bog out and checked? and is it a block of flats?
Took toilet out to remove pan connector as no give.. measure it then. Yup, block of flats. Discharge pipe is 4 inch

Took toilet out to remove pan connector as no give.. measure it then. Yup, block of flats. Discharge pipe is 4 inch

central stack and sorry to say if the elbow is 5.25 your only option is a fernco reducer sorry to say :(

central stack and sorry to say if the elbow is 5.25 your only option is a fernco reducer sorry to say :(
Gutted, they're ugly as hell and it'll fix to the outside of the elbow :( I also don't have access to the entire stack as half of it's hidden behind tiles!

Gutted, they're ugly as hell and it'll fix to the outside of the elbow :( I also don't have access to the entire stack as half of it's hidden behind tiles!

they are but have you got any white rubber paint?

No, no, no ……. You can still buy replacement rubber seals for them (or you can come & collect one from me garage) then push a bit of 110mm soil into it cut to the required length with the Multikwik in the end.

or as socket is 133mm dia you could use a caulking bush 132.4 page 12, caulk it into the socket to reduce it back down to 110mm.

Do not use a bit of rubber & a jubilee clip (Fernco) PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
No, no, no ……. You can still buy replacement rubber seals for them (or you can come & collect one from me garage) then push a bit of 110mm soil into it cut to the required length with the Multikwik in the end.

or as socket is 133mm dia you could use a caulking bush 132.4 page 12, caulk it into the socket to reduce it back down to 110mm.

so you can still get rubber seals from 5.25 to 4 inch? and ive only used caulking bushes for cast iron down pipes etc would like to rely on caulk for a horz waste

Last edited:

Where do you live, Chris?

so you can still get rubber seals from 5.25 to 4 inch? and ive only used caulking bushes for cast iron down pipes etc would like to rely on caulk for a horz waste
What are these reducer seals called?

A bit far then to pop round then!

Drainage Centre probably your best bet.

Just for you I have been out to the garage to check, the rubber is a 9124, top of page 32 and it works perfectly with the 110mm you just need to cut it square & use some silicone lube on the face of rubber / pipe as you push them together.

Happy days

Just for you I have been out to the garage to check, the rubber is a 9124, top of page 32 and it works perfectly with the 110mm you just need to cut it square & use some silicone lube on the face of rubber / pipe as you push them together.

Happy days
Mate, you're a legend.. thanks so much

Personally I would go with the caulking bush over the new rubber seal & pipe as the proper job. Bush made in with some yarn (tarred if poss) first, then some flexible mastic to finish. Pipe is then held fast with Multikwik in the other end to deal with any movement of the pan but then I am old school.

I can't believe it sometimes it only seems a few years ago I started in this game, how is it I got this old (school)?

Last edited:

Happy days
I've ordered the part from draincentre ;) figured I'd rather do it properly than use a fernco! Thanks for your help Chris

Fitted the part today with a bit of 110mm pipe.. Worked a treat!!! Cheers for all your help guys, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 inch elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler...
Replies
Views
I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
I am replacing the radiator and need to solder a fitting new the existing elbow. I am concerned the heat will damage the elbow but have not seen...
Replies
Views
S
Plumber replaced drain line under the bathroom. The drain line transitions from a 2 inch drain line to a 4 inch Y connector. Is this connection...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock