Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 4 inch elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is this likely to be a solvent weld elbow?? Sorry for the bad picture..

I have to replace the pan connector but not seen this kind of elbow before so just sussing what I need.

Oops...

b36525fdb22c1049f1fd3e9c8e27f2e7.jpg

yea looks like sw bet there is no 4" pipe on the collar thats why its leaking

Are there no elbow pan connectors but with a long stem from the pan going to an elbow with a short male connector for the 4 inch stack...??? They all seem to be the other way...

Are there no elbow pan connectors but with a long stem from the pan going to an elbow with a short male connector for the 4 inch stack...??? They all seem to be the other way...

extended bent pan connector and how long to looking for?

sorry imeant to say there are two sizes of bent pan con try the macalpine book to get dimensions the pciture looks like a pan con into an old terain pan connector which will work if you put a bit of 4 inch onto the second one

extended bent pan connector and how long to looking for?

87498143d044a2566cd248630b7c1d8e.jpg

I can only find these.. I need it the other way around..

Basically as long as the elbow plus a few inches

I'm think I'm just gonna hack off the sw elbow at the base and stick in a flexi as I don't think the extended inlet pan connector is quite long enough... it only gives me 80mm for the inlet

I'm think I'm just gonna hack off the sw elbow at the base and stick in a flexi as I don't think the extended inlet pan connector is quite long enough... it only gives me 80mm for the inlet

can you leave the elbow in ? (split?)

There isn't much room between the elbow and the pan, def not enough to weld some 4inch pipe in place

straight pan connector? or are you changing the bog

No the pan is staying.. Yeah I'm gonna try a straight first, if that fails I'll go with plan b

just glue enough 4" in to fit flush with the elbow if there non there

Is this likely to be a solvent weld elbow?? Sorry for the bad picture..

I have to replace the pan connector but not seen this kind of elbow before so just sussing what I need.

If I am not mistaken it is a Terrain 102.4.5 Bent (or 125.4.5 straight) See Page 13. It is a single rubber seal pan con & someone has just stuffed another straight con directly into it which is not allowing the fins to seal. Suggest removing the black rubber seal, it just pulls off, buy an extension multikwik, push down inside so it seals in the inner pipe. Then cut to length & re-fit the standard pan con you have already fitted. (Say No to Flexi's) http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/wcssto...ng.all/hu/re/Polypipe_TerrainS&W_Brochure.pdf

Last edited:
So the socket of the elbow is 5 1/4 inch... The black rubber seal has gone. Merchant suggested putting a fernco reducer over the elbow socket, some 4 inch in the other end and the straight pan connector.. isn't there anything that'll go into the elbow socket?

So the socket of the elbow is 5 1/4 inch... The black rubber seal has gone. Merchant suggested putting a fernco reducer over the elbow socket, some 4 inch in the other end and the straight pan connector.. isn't there anything that'll go into the elbow socket?

dia?

you 1000% sure (taken the bog out and checked? and is it a block of flats?
Took toilet out to remove pan connector as no give.. measure it then. Yup, block of flats. Discharge pipe is 4 inch

Took toilet out to remove pan connector as no give.. measure it then. Yup, block of flats. Discharge pipe is 4 inch

central stack and sorry to say if the elbow is 5.25 your only option is a fernco reducer sorry to say :(

central stack and sorry to say if the elbow is 5.25 your only option is a fernco reducer sorry to say :(
Gutted, they're ugly as hell and it'll fix to the outside of the elbow :( I also don't have access to the entire stack as half of it's hidden behind tiles!

Gutted, they're ugly as hell and it'll fix to the outside of the elbow :( I also don't have access to the entire stack as half of it's hidden behind tiles!

they are but have you got any white rubber paint?

No, no, no ……. You can still buy replacement rubber seals for them (or you can come & collect one from me garage) then push a bit of 110mm soil into it cut to the required length with the Multikwik in the end.

or as socket is 133mm dia you could use a caulking bush 132.4 page 12, caulk it into the socket to reduce it back down to 110mm.

Do not use a bit of rubber & a jubilee clip (Fernco) PLEASE!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 4 inch elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock