Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 27 RI wiring problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philipo2004

Hi everyone

Just removed a glowworm 330 and installed a worcester 27 RI. The original wiring came from the junction box and was connected to the glowworm as follows: mains live, switch live, neutral, earth and a pump live. There is a mechanical thermostat and a Drayton digital programmer which goes to the junction box also. To connect the worcester it has to have the mains fused spare 3 amp direct to the boiler. Can I just disregard the original wiring to the glowworm and run a live, neutral, earth from the worcester to the pump?
would I also disconnect the pumps original wires which also connect to the original junction box? It's a Y plan system. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 27 RI wiring problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, having fitted a full evohome system before using opentherm and underfloor, having moved into a new build recently, I've decided to fit it again, despite not being able to use OT. I have a Valiant ecotec boiler which is quite far away from the cylinder. The set up is a 2 zone plus HW, so 3...
Replies
Views
Hello - I'm a relatively new owner of an old house here in France that was updated by the previous owner who lives in the UK. He used one channel of a two channel Horstmann C27 to control turning on and off the electric water heater. Given that I'm from the states, I'm not all that familiar with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock