Discuss Wickes taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Bit of a rush job this afternoon oldest boy needed kitchen mono mixer changed only place near him was Wickes bought the tap trade mono complete with flexis {ugh} but didn`t think quality too bad IMHO tap fitted and home for a nice couple of beers.Whats the general view of the range of taps now supplied by Wickes. :)regards turnpin

I've been buying taps from Wickes & Screwfix for quite a while now & touch wood, they seem to be good at often very good prices. Taps from merchants like Bristan & Grohe look nice but are way overpriced. Often the quality is no better than much cheaper stuff from the sheds.

Someone who works in an independent merchant near me often says, "it's all crap, just expensive crap or cheap crap". these days I don't think he is too far wrong.

a 10 year guarantee with wickes taps i fitted few weeks back, 5 year on the bristans.

The trade mono compression mixer with rigid tails is 50 squids in every wickes within a 15 mile radius of me. It's basic but doesn't look all that cheap. Whether or not it's any more durable than the toolstation equivalent for 11 quid cheaper I'd be very sceptical about. Which is why I resent it when I fit one I get from wickes cos toolstation is a 20 min round trip and i'm up against it.

9 out of 10 plumbing items in wickes are over-priced. you get stuff like pipe and the odd thing which is competitive but most is just inflated massively for the DIY market. Same as B+Q. It's amazing companies like this can be so successful with companies like screwfix and toolstation with branches all over the place.

i fitted a wickes mono tap the other week, cost the customer £70. very thin & tinny spout.

the same style and a lot heavier brass sold in toolstation under the swirl brand £44!!!!! and the distributer is in macclesfield (or some where, nearly british.lol)

i dont find it hard to find cheaper and better products.

take a look online at there cooker hoses!!!

the best thing is they will price match.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wickes taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, Basically my question is how deep must a 15mm copper pipe be inserted into a push fitting for it to function properly without...
Replies
Views
My kitchen mixer tap (Franke Zurich) has developed a drip. Presumably the cartridge (hot) has started to wear out. It is one that I replaced about...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Homeowners always keep up with the latest trends in kitchen refurbishments and ways to cut down costs. So, plumbers and installers need to ensure...
Replies
Views
S
Hi and thanks in advance for any advice It’s a little long as quite simply I need to be sure whether I can get a free repair as it’ll be after...
Replies
Views
I
Just finished installing a replacement bathroom suite and seem to have an array of issues with it! Before I start I have a hot water tank in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock