Discuss Why is the UK & Ireland so different when it comes to plumbing and electrical regulat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plouasne

Its has the heading says, why is the UK and Ireland so different in plumbing and electrical regulations, they are supposed to be part of Europe now

It would make life so much easier if there was just one set of regulations for the whole of Europe

I am thinking about electrical ring mains, PME installations (TNCS ?) versus radial installations separate earthing (TT)

Flat PVC covered twin and earth, 3 phase and earth cabling V separate conductors in a protective plastic conduit

Cover plates to light and power outlets fixed with exposed screws V hidden screws and snap on cover plates

All mains supply water at 3 bar or above pressure V single mains water supply at 1 bar pressure and the rest tank fed

Steel (glass lined or stainless steel) hot water cylinders with just an inlet (with safety valve) and outlet V the UK idea of a unvented hotwater cylinder

Re: Why is the UK & Ireland so different when it comes to plumbing and electrical reg

err, because it works for us?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why is the UK & Ireland so different when it comes to plumbing and electrical regulat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hi all Apologies if this should have gone into a different section. Ok. I'm revamping a bathroom and separate En-Suite. Both have baths but...
Replies
Views
P
Lets see what my peers think of this, you will have to open the links (marked "Produit") to see what I am on about, never mind the French...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
B
I recently put in two new kitchens (it's a long story), and in both cases time and money dictated choosing Ikea, including the plumbing -...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, First post here, so please be easy on me... and apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place!.... Our office landlord has just installed a...
Replies
Views
curious1
C
B
I wonder how many c/h installers check the quality of the power supply to a wall socket they intend to use, before they link up to it? Do we...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock