Discuss why don't plumbers fit isolation valves?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MP plumb

i have come across soooo many maintenance jobs where there are NO isolation valves fitted.

some jobs have NONE whatsoever so i have to turn off the main stopcock and drain the whole system down, some use cheap valves that last a year until they get furred up or just dam right stuck!, and others put the valves in places u will never reach again!
so myy question is.... why do u old boys( i say old boys because i usually work on old sytems, and i know valves dont last forever, but even young boys dont care to fit them once they have worked on something) not fit them? is it cost or cant be bothered!!!!?

it makes such more hard work for me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I always fit them. But I don't mind if they're not fitted as its only really become the norm in last few years.

.....because they're lazy tight fisted gits.

Seriously though all new installations should have them fitted as a matter of good practice. Saves gas in my pipe freezer!

Always fit them. I work on the basis it's probably me coming back at some point for servicing/repairing/replacing so make sure i can isolate and remove things nice and easily.

Until ballofix valves became commonly available there was no choice but to use stop taps and gate valves so it wasn't normal practice except on a lot of government housing contracts.

No excuse for not using them now though.

I always fit service valves,trouble is finding good quality ball a fix valves is becoming harder and harder

imho

I fit them all over the place too.

I think it was a new regulation on 1st April last year where every new tap had to have an isolation on it's supply pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to why don't plumbers fit isolation valves?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock