Discuss White stuff floating in toilet tank? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

If they are floating gather the bits up with a tissue from the surface of the water and completely remove them. If they keep coming back look further up line for the source.

I had the exact same issue after I moved into a home that the previous owner never cleaned the tank. I just scrubbed it out and I was shocked how much dirt/mildew came off. It’s clean now with none of that floating whittle sediment. Never had the issue again.

Is the white stuff a product of dezincification ?
It usually has a white fluffy appearance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211026-104103_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-104103_Outlook.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 14

Reply to White stuff floating in toilet tank? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve recently cleaned my central heating system with Sentinel X400 cleaner, flushed it out clear, refilled & added Sentinel X100 inhibitor. After...
Replies
Views
Help! I’ve turned off the gate valve that supplies my toilet white goods. Now it won’t open. It’s turning but water not flowing through. I need to...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
After flushing, there is only a trickle of water entering the tank. When I turn the valve off, and then on again, it flows normally again. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back