Discuss What's wrong with copperand soldered joint's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bugger if you have to do a repair job. No one seems to carry their fittings

LOL! "myles, you know that pipe work you did to our sink? well ive got the father inlaw round and hes tried to tee into it for our ice making fridge and he thought he could just use a compression tee and it wont fit......."

Il be round in a minute!.

My only vex with plastic is that anyone can use it and encourages the diy'er to do small works at home with it . This i sometimes feel is one of several reasons why we dont get the phone call to install /pipe up kitchen sink etc . Most diy'ers would shun away from trying to solder in a new kitchen cupboard ,,,,,scorchio everywhere!!!

Has anyone looked at it like this though? If it wasn't for the advent of plastic then the likes of joe public probably wouldn;t even think about attempting ANY linf of plumbing thus more work for the likes of qualified plumbers.

there is a time and a place for plastic, eg feeding a pipe between joists or inbetween stud work, but always always use copper where it is gonna be on show or where it is the most suitable and practicable! copper soldered joints are by far the most reliable

I think one of the best criticisms of plastic is rats chewing through it. They'll chew through insulation and pipe in one sitting.

Uponor supposed to be vermin resistant ( dont quote me on it tho)
Had a spec which used alot of uponor in a roof space of a pub and they had rat problem , the designer used uponor because it was suppose to be rat proof .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's wrong with copperand soldered joint's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock