Discuss What is cheaper to use? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wondering which is generally cheaper immersion or gas to heat water?

Depends on your set up if you invest and generate your own electric via PV with batteries then the cost can swing the other way you can sell power back at peak demand for a good return as well as powering your own home but it's not cheap , kop

Depends on the boiler. Gas is cheaper to buy, but I think my old boiler is about 25% efficient when in water-heating only mode, so probably better to test by setting up a scientific experiment and reading the meters. Immersion 100% efficient, but electricity more expensive.

Reply to What is cheaper to use? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Boiler and Megalow mistery Hi, Just moved into a house from a flat and I have a couple of queries. We have a Worcester gas fired boiler -...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock