Search the forum,

Discuss Need general advice regarding home C/H & H/W services. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore.
In view of the age of the boiler and boilermate I suspect both are coming to the end of their useful life. The boiler is serviced annually but is now very noisey when fired up. Also one of the radiators will not heat up, even after attention from two gas registered plumbers.
What would be your advice regarding renewal of the central heating/ hot water system please. In particular, should the boilermate be replaced as well as the boiler or would it be better remove the boilermate and have a combi boiler installed ? What about the microbore C/H pipework - will this cope with a combi boiler?
General advice with reasons would be appreciated.

Reply to Need general advice regarding home C/H & H/W services. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better way to go. Just after some advice and rough costs involved, is it worth getting a pressurised system installed and a new boiler and oil pump? Heating...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondered if i could get some expert advice regarding a ground floor flat I have purchased and about to move into. The building is circa 1850, about 160 years old, an old police station and built pretty sturdy. The heating system that is currently there are panel heaters in each of the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock