Discuss washing machine main drain pipe leaking. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ssb

Hi,

I have a washer drier that has decided to start leaking, it only leaks when it drains, so I had a look underneath an sure enough, it's leaking from the main drain rubber hose where it meets the drum (the hose is in good condition, and it looks like its just the seal that's leaking ) my question is, is there a special sealant or adhesive I can use to reseal this.

any help advice much appreciated.

you generally dont use a sealant on the rubber hose connection. it might be enough to tighten the jubilee clip, or maybe the pump body has cracked. most likely though is a cracked hose.

shaun

Hi, thanks for the reply. The rubber hose doesn't have any clips, it pushes into the drum underneath, I pulled it out and it had some sort of sealant around it, and this is where it is leaking, the sealant was broken up and I could see where the water was beginning to rust the drum.

Cheers

sounds like its been replaced before, buy a jubilee clip for it, if it makes you feel better then use some high grade silicone and use a little of that. dont get any inside the flexi pipe.

good luck
shaun

Hi, sorry Its the sump hose that's leaking, I called it the wrong thing, doh.

see attached image, i have highlighted the bit that fits into the drum, and this is where its leaking, when I pulled it out it had some kind of sealant/adhesive which had perished in some areas.

I've had the machine from new and so far nothing has been replaced or fixed. FYI its a Baumatic washer drier BWD12 (admittedly not the best, but have you seen the price of a Bosch intergrated washer drier!!!!!)

thanks again for any advice.

SSB

Attachments

• hse1020.jpg
    hse1020.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to washing machine main drain pipe leaking. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can a mains water pipe be run through an integral garage? It's to feed a washing machine used 2-3 times a week. Is there a risk of the pipes freezing?
Replies
Views
Help please my washing machine stopped working last night, so I've getting a new one today and it's doing the exact same thing I've looked through...
Replies
Views
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very...
Replies
Views
Hello, Not strictly plumbing, but need your advice nonetheless as I'm out of ideas. We have recently moved into newly renovated apartment...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wish I had X-ray vision. My customer has an old concealed shower valve, with a concealed shower hose connection. There is a dribble from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock