Search the forum,

Discuss Concealed shower - hose connection leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Wish I had X-ray vision.
My customer has an old concealed shower valve, with a concealed shower hose connection.
There is a dribble from the plastic housing around the shower hose connection (it's not the rubber sealing washer/etc on the hose). So maybe a crossed thread on the hose connection, or hairline crack in the plastic housing underneath the shroud, etc. Whatever, it's old and unsightly, and he'd like it upgraded.
Can I assume there would be a 15mm pipe popping out through the wall inside that housing, and that I might be able to fit something like this on it:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/aqual...IgCXAG0BaGD_lX56AThMLeGK77xkwCgIaApGgEALw_wcB

Once I start dismantling it, I'd be rather committed to seeing it through (preferably without ripping tiles off, if possible).

Thanks again for all your advice,

Jennie

IMG_1660.JPG

That looks like an old Mira response wall outlet, have a funny plastic elbow which may have spilt.
They ultimately go onto 1/2” nipple which would usually go back to 1/2” FI, but you don’t know what someone’s done.
To be safe just get a new Mira response wall outlet they are still available, then you can just go back as far a you need with new parts.

You should be able to replace it without removing tiles, maybe stitch drill a little around if it’s been tiled tight - but the shroud will cover that.

Reply to Concealed shower - hose connection leaking in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock