Discuss vokera 24 not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianmaxtec

Hi There,

First visit to this forum. I have a 2 year old Vokera 24 (running on propane), which will not fire up. I ger a green flashing light for about a minute, then solid red. I have tried a few things and have discovered that the fan in not turning, there is no power going to it, and after tracing the cables back to the main board, there is no power coming out of the relay ( i did not check to see if the relay was getting 24volts to trigger the coil). My question is this, should I replace the entire board, or go to the trouble of getting a replacement relay, only to discover that there might be no power going to the relay coil. The board is a Vokera 10023537, and in Dublin a new unit costs a staggering €300 (what a rip off). I have traced one on ebay for 80 pounds, and its new. Has anybody encountered this problem before ?

Many thanks,

Ian

ps: I am NOT a plumber, but I did install the system myself, and then got it checked and passed.

no you should not jump in and replace the pcb fault it further or if you cant get some body who can

I found the manual that came with the boiler, and there is a fauly finding guide in the back, and according to the graphs the board has to be replaced if there is no power from the board to the fan.... I am going to remove the relay and check that it works (as I dont want to power the coil when its in place on the board, as this might cause even more damage)...If the relay works (and I hope it does not), then Its looking like a new board is in order...
(as much as I would like to get en engineer out, I know in my heart and soul he will suggest replacing the board)

right lets give you an example>ariston euro combi a23 no power to fan no power from pcb you would jump in and replace the pcb?wrong on this boiler it sources mains from the flow switch mini pcb so theres your fault flow switch or mini pcb dont follow fault guides they are just a guide go trough the boiler again or get in a pro

Thanks for that gasman. In the case of the compact 24 power for the fan is taken direct from the main board, via a 24volt relay, which provides 220ac...I "reckon" that either the relay is faulty, or there is no mains going to the relay, or (worst case) the relay is not getting a trigger from one on the IC's. If the latter is the case, I will have no choice but to replace the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vokera 24 not firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock