Search the forum,

Discuss vaillant ecotec plus 837 rapid pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigbird

I have had my vaillant for 5 years. It was serviced after first year and again this year .
For the past month i have had to top pressure up at least once a week. This last week i have done it daily.
After i had it serviced last week, the engineer said i must have a leak beneath ground level.

After he left i didnt need to top the pressure up for aporox 4 days.

Since then its been daily again.

There is no evidence of leakage anywhere in property.

I have topped the expansion vessal up to 0.9 bar.

Pressure still dropping.

Now when i top pressure up the reading increases from 0.3 bar to 1.2 bar in approx 5 seconds.

I am wondering if this problem is sensor related ??

Can anyone please help ?

ive changed quite a few expansion vessals on newish vaillants, like above is that dripping.

There is no signs of water leaking from inside of boiler nor from pressure relief or overflow.

Sounds like a leak under the floor then if you can't see any obvious signs of water anywhere

There has to be some kind of leakage for the pressure to drop.like above hidden pipes or could be a problem inside the boiler which a gsr engineer could check for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason i dont agree is that the pressure held for a long time after service , but has since dropped more rapidly. This inconsistency in pressure drop and time fluctuates.

the water/pressures going somewhere unless its air venting which i doubt. does it fluctuate depending on heating demand or just randomly when the boilers not even on..?

Could there be a pressure sensor problem ?

if its an analouge dial thats shows low pressure then no, the usual pressure sensor fault in vaillants is when it goes to f75 and it cant sense the pump running because the sensors blocked. which is gsr job.

Its not the pressure which fluctuates but the time in which the pressure takes to drop from day to day.
One day it may take all day to drop from 1.4 bar to 0.5 bar, then the following day it may take 1 hour to drop to same level.

Only when boiler is running.

if its only when the boilers running its got to be an expansion problem, the other very rare occurance is an expanding joint only leaking when hot. does it go to fault .

Last edited by a moderator:
pinholed main hex leaking back into boiler can cause this and you wont find a leak outside, very annoying to id

Isolate the flow/rtn under the boiler for a few days once the weather's warmer to prove if the leaks on the boiler or system, if uve had to top up the expansion vessel it sounds like prv letting buy. If the pressures still dropping with it isolated it's likely main heat ex pinholed and going out the condensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant ecotec plus 837 rapid pressure loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 838. The issue i have is after the heating is switched on and then left it to cool over night i see the pressure has gone up. For example yesterday it was set at 1.3 heating was switched on and when it reached its temp it went upto 1.9 so no issues...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock