Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant eco plus 837 System loosing pressure. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008.

It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system.

The boiler has been loosing pressure before christmas and I was getting the F75 code. I put in a new water pressure switch and I thought all would be good. But it is still happening again. At the same time I charged the EV and there were no signs the EV had a leak (valve not weeping water).

I am stumped as to where the boiler is leaking. We have no leaks anywhere in the house. I have checked all the rads and nothing is weeping. We have no staining. The ground floor is solid, so the pipe work runs above the floor, apart from the 2 rads in the new extension part. However, I can isolate these rads and turn off the supply to them. We still get a drop in pressure. So these are not leaking under the floor.

Can the boiler have a secret leak ? I see no water inside the boiler itself.

Is this a clue ? Early Dec my wife left the top up valve open for about 2 h's !!!!! I'd shown her how to top up, but she just left it open.

The boiler was stuck at 2.9bar when I got there to shut it off. The blow off pipe had not fired. So where was all the water going for about 2h's ? We had no leaks in the house.

I am thinking the leak might be connected to the condensate pipe which is plugged straight into the soil stack. Could all this water have been going out that way and would this also mean our leak is connected to this area ?

Reply to Vaillant eco plus 837 System loosing pressure. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock