Search the forum,

Discuss Why Does Vaillant EcoTec 832 Boiler Only Heat in Chimney Sweep Mode? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice.

The Problem:
  • Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some capacity..
What I've Tried:
  • Chimney Sweep Mode: Interestingly, when I activate the 'chimney sweep' setting, the heating does come on.
  • Pressure Check: I’ve had difficulties firing up heating after a long time off before. Usually it's because the pressure has dropped right down. I opened up the filling loop to bring it back up to pressure but it didn't do the trick this time.
  • Resetting the boiler: Attempted a boiler reset to default settings by pressing the button on the front. I also tried turning it off and on again.
I haven’t delved into any complex internal components for safety reasons. Above is pretty much the limit of my skills with this machine. I'm seeking guidance on what might be causing this issue and how I might resolve it or if it’s time to call in a professional.

Thank you in advance for your time and advice!

Port valve probably I’m guessing heat/ system boiler ?

It’s not a summer mode by any chance eg hot water only ?

It’s not a summer mode by any chance eg hot water only ?
I had a look for a summer setting but not sure there is one. Heating is turned on with manual switch. No icon displaying summer mode active either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 5
Room stat ?

Could be

Needs a engineer to test ideally

Reply to Why Does Vaillant EcoTec 832 Boiler Only Heat in Chimney Sweep Mode? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock