Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Urgently need a Grundfos Valve in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Beth Hanson

Beth Hanson New Member

hi all, dropped the Grundfos 15-50 bleed valve down the floorboards out of reach. The whole contents of the water tank has emptied. Looked online but can only see options to buy a whole new pump when we only need a replacement valve. Any ideas?? Thanks

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do you mean the chrome screw ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Beth Hanson

Beth Hanson New Member

The pump bleed screw. I’m not sure sure (we shouldn’t have messed around with it )

A6752171-7D55-4866-BC6F-137835779FF7.png

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Try a scrap yard or a large plumbers merchant. Merchants always have faulty stock to return and scrappiest will,have a few too.
    Where abouts are you based?

5. Beth Hanson

Beth Hanson New Member

Thank you! Brierley Hill, West Midlands

6. townfanjon

Its when you mentioned a bleed valve that threw me.
    I will have one and could post you it , but if you remove the screw it shouldnt empty a tank , you may need a new pump anyway

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beth Hanson

Beth Hanson New Member

Thank you so much!
    My mom watched a YouTube video as we were having hearing upstairs but not down. I Don’t think we turn of everything we needed too, but the whole central heating system needs replacing

8. townfanjon

lol , this plumbing and heating lark isnt that easy lol .you should be able to send me a private message on here , dont put your address online , email is fine .

9. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

Before you fit the replacement bleed screw in the pump spread a towel out under the pump, not to catch water but to catch the screw, in case you drop it.:eek:

10. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Think the hose has bolted :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Horse?

12. townfanjon

Your both wrong , its orse !

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

And you're supposed to be dead! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Phil

Phil Plumber

Welcome to the plumbers world!
    You can bet as soon as you drop anything small and important it will roll to the nearest hole even if it has to roll around corners and around things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  15. townfanjon

I am , I am following you all from another dimension in a black hole from tutherside of the universe

• Funny Funny x 2