Discuss Unvented or water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My partner and me have bought a house and it's all electric, we have a vented cylinder in the airing cupboard but I am taking one of the walls down so have got to remove the tank stand for the cwsc so was thinking of just putting a little under counter water heater in as all I've got to feed is 1 sink and 1 basin, there is no bath and currently has electric shower.

Now I'm thinking of maybe putting a small unvented in as I think it may be cheaper to heat off economy 7 even though I will be heating a load more water than I actually need.

Little unvented water heater off Eco will be very good and you can get spares later on eg immersions etc without getting shafted

I was going to say an unvented would give you greater flexibility in the future

Would you not want gas central heating?

No gas in the village.

No room to put oil tank or bulk storage LPG, don't really want small LPG bottles and we are not looking to stay over 5 years so don't want to fork out a fortune on a heat pump.

At the moment it has electric underfloor heating which according to the neighbours is not that bad to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented or water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took...
Replies
Views
Back